Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

LOST SOUND WITH AFTERMARKET RADIO Please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 04:07 AM
Unhappy LOST SOUND WITH AFTERMARKET RADIO Please help!!

Newbie here ok, so here's my problem I tried installing my new double din pioneer avh-x4500bt head unit wired everything according to the diagram plugged it all in then turn it on and no sound I can hear something but that's only if it's extremely quiet and I make no sudden moves inside the car I checked all speakers to make sure they're not grounded out everything seems fine I have no stock amp I'm just completely lost I wanna know if anyone has the same problem and have the found the issue, head unit is not bad I've already tested it also I'm using American international wiring harness gwh-406 2006 Chevy Monte Carlo LT no onstar no Bose just incase your wondering please someone help me!!!

Old 10-23-2013, 07:54 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

If you have a factory amp you need to bypass it. A harness is available to do this (quickest/easiest method) or you can make a bypass harness.

Old 10-23-2013, 01:31 PM

Like I said my car did not come with an amp! Are the LT models equipped with it as a standard option? I did buy my MC used but I know for sure that there's no amp here not one that I've seen at least

Old 10-23-2013, 02:35 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sorry, I didn't see where you specified you didn't have a factory amp. The Bose system was an option. You could still have a factory amp and not the Bose upgrade. Take a look (from the trunk) up under the rear shelf. If there is a rectangular metal box hanging there with a couple of wiring harnesses plugged into it that is your factory amp. To bypass it you'll need something like this:

Metra 70-2021 Factory Integration Adapter Connect a new car stereo and bypass the factory amp in select 2000-01 Chevy Monte Carlo and Impala models at Crutchfield.com

Old 10-24-2013, 12:55 AM
Default hey

X2 on the factory amp thing kind of a thing with modern cars
Originally Posted by 03SSLE
Sorry, I didn't see where you specified you didn't have a factory amp. The Bose system was an option. You could still have a factory amp and not the Bose upgrade. Take a look (from the trunk) up under the rear shelf. If there is a rectangular metal box hanging there with a couple of wiring harnesses plugged into it that is your factory amp. To bypass it you'll need something like this:

Metra 70-2021 Factory Integration Adapter Connect a new car stereo and bypass the factory amp in select 2000-01 Chevy Monte Carlo and Impala models at Crutchfield.com

Old 10-24-2013, 01:47 AM

I'm aware of where the amp is supposed to be but there's nothing there there's no wiring harness that'll indicate there was ever one there you know what I mean?

Old 10-24-2013, 01:57 AM
Default hey

Yup you could always run ur own speaker wire. Cut out the middle man plus factory speaker wire is crap at best

Old 10-24-2013, 02:13 AM

That's what I'm gonna have to do! But before I start running wire I wanna see if maybe I can get this problem sorted out! Also for some reason my service airbag sign came up any thoughts on that?

Old 10-24-2013, 06:20 AM
Default hey

Have you checked all of ur fuses ?

Old 10-24-2013, 10:51 AM

Airbag fuse blew but I replaced it! So does anyone know anything about the lost sound on my car??

Quick Reply: LOST SOUND WITH AFTERMARKET RADIO Please help!!