Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Looking for advise

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 09:59 PM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Looking for advise

Recently there was a thread on a rework done or is being done at Paul's Automotive in Sandy Utah on a 2002(?) red SSMonte. I am looking for that thread and can not find it; can someone help? Also can anyone besides thatgentleman getting work done give me any feedback on Paul's. They look pretty reputatable. Am thinking about having them do some work on my Monte. Any advise would be appreciated. Thank you - bahdeets

Old 09-27-2008, 05:47 AM
Default RE: Looking for advise

Hi Sam,
What type of work are you planning on your Monte ?
I would visit the shop, and inspect their facilities.
(See `if its clean & see if mechanic`s are certified)
It pays to do your homework.
I found a five star *****rating on them on the below link.
I would also seek out auto clubs, and other contacts
to see `if they have any experience with Pauls Automotive.
Also I would do a check with the BBB to see if any
complaints have been filed against them.
Good Luck `Sam
[:-]

Old 09-27-2008, 07:12 PM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Looking for advise

I plan on visiting the shop sometime in the next few weeks before I make my final decision on whether or not to let them do the work on my car that I want done. I have only spoken to them on the phone (about 4x so far)and they have really impressed me. I have donesome research on a few shops but none seem to be as knowledgeable and sohelpful. My research into theircreditability as a business comes from Dun& Bradstreet - and they have an impeccable business rating. Currently they are putting a proposal togetherfor me to review. They have answered all my questions in a positive manner and even have done some research on theirown to further their perspective on what is entailed on my build. They are currently doing or have finished a Monte Carlo now that someone in Las Vegas started and did not finish (I was hoping I could find that thread again) an over the top build on a 3.8 from what I understand. The job I want them to do is swap out my stock LS4 for a custom built LS3/HO and do some tranny, fuel delivery and ignitionupgradesand some brake work. They build race motors, do fabrication,do chasis dynos and tuning etc., and can professionally outsource whatever they can't do. They have already given me some advise and actually convinced methat thisswap was a better avenue to pursue than my original idea of building myLS4 with a supercharger. With this swap I get to keep my stock hood which is a good idea in my opinion. NO bumps/holes in the hood!Thank you for the link; I appreciate that. I guess what really impressed me is their willingness to work with a shop where I live after I take delivery of the car to address any matters that I can't have them do because they are so far from me.I will be selling my LS4 by the waysometime after the 1st of the year. Hopefully I will have completed all my research onmy build and have it started and completed early next year. Thanks for your help. SAM