Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

6th Gen ('00-'05): left muffler hanging

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2016, 01:47 PM
1 Year Member
Default left muffler hanging

Hi folks - hope all are well this first day of spring.
I have searched the forum about a muffler hanging but haven't really found anything similar to my question.
The left muffler pipe hangs a little lower than the right on my 03 MC LS and I was wondering if I can tighten it up by using the silver clamp thing that is like the one by the air intake? Sorry - I don't know the name of the clamp thing but it seems like an easy fix.

Any suggestions or recommendations?
Thanks,
E

Old 03-20-2016, 01:58 PM
Thumbs up Wish you a blessed Sunday

Hi `Evie & Happy first day of Spring to you also..
"Nothing Ventured-Nothing Gained"
And Remember that you can do anything through Christ that strengthens you
Check out the below links
Exhaust Clamp Brands for 2000-2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
https://www.upsw.com/2003-chevrolet-...FdgRgQod_5gEkA

List: Exhaust System - 2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo | O'Reilly ...

www.oreillyauto.com/.../Exhaust.../C0022.oap?...20...

O'Reilly Automotive

Add New | Delete. 2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS. V6 - 3.4L vin E 207ci - MFI GAS OHV. My Store. Select. No store selected. Home> Replacement Parts> ...

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo Exhaust Clamps, Hangers & Gaskets

www.carid.com/2003-chevy-monte-carlo-exhaust-clamps-hangers-gaskets/

Results 1 - 47 of 47 - Chevy Monte Carlo SS 2003, Exhaust Flange Gasket by Bosal®. Inlet. Bosal has a vast selection of all necessary accessories and hardware ...

Old 03-20-2016, 02:03 PM
1 Year Member

Thank you Mike - I'll check the links out.
Hope you have a blessed Sunday and YES I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me... I just helped my 19 yr old daughter change her battery, air filter and oil. It's not a feminist thing, it's a self sufficient thing! We are learning and thanks to friends like you it's liberating!
Take care and thanks again!

Old 03-20-2016, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by evilee530
Thank you Mike - I'll check the links out.
Hope you have a blessed Sunday and YES I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me... I just helped my 19 yr old daughter change her battery, air filter and oil. It's not a feminist thing, it's a self sufficient thing! We are learning and thanks to friends like you it's liberating!
Take care and thanks again!

You're welcome `Evie, I think it is not just a male thing, but also a feminist thing to be self sufficient & save some big $'s. I admire you for doing your own maintenance to your Monte. Our female MCF Moderator `Barbara has a 84 Chevy Monte Carlo that she works on herself & takes it to the track and races. She's amazing & I hope you get to know her...She's a inspiration and just not for females, but for everyone...

Good Luck on getting your repairs completed Peace/Out

Old 03-20-2016, 02:20 PM
1 Year Member

Thank you Mike - I'm just independent an impatient lol. Barbara, I would love to pick her brain too...not that yours isn't awesome!
Peace and love to you!

Old 03-20-2016, 03:05 PM
1 Year Member

So - apparently this is what's up - well I can't attach an image.? Anyway, whatever brace held my left muffler up is rusted. How can I attach an image? It ask for a http:// link to image?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Last edited by evilee530; 03-20-2016 at 03:14 PM. Reason: trying to add pictures