Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Lady Deuce got her tubes untied

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 01:30 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm glad that worked out for you!

Could be a really good resource if you like this guy and need future work done too

Old 01-21-2014, 09:17 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Tadcaster
Called ZZP they don't install BUT they gave reference to a place here in Lansing

Shop is called Enhanced performance

Turns out the owner (John) knows Gary Glenn the late artist that painted the Deuce

AND HE KNOWS THE DEUCE! He saw it at Gary's wake at the Olympic Broil here in Lansing - They are 17 miles away from me said I am looking at about $500 bucks for the install

I need to get the Deuce to him before he gets Busy (Within a Month) Means I have to pull her out of winter storage to get this done (He wants her for about a week)

Thanks Mike!
A week me and a friend of mine did it in 5 hrs. If he is the best there and you dont need your car than do. Just get the best for the Deuce!!

Old 01-21-2014, 09:29 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I agree a week is way to long for this install. Sounds like he will tinker with it here and there as a filler project. I had that happen when my stereo was being installed for 3 weeks. I would go in and my interior car parts were scattered ***** nilly about the place. Had a few light scratches that were not there when I took it in.

Hope he understands how **** you are about your Gold Class Monte and keeps it protected and the windows not left open and such where all the shop dust, dirt and other airborne debris get inside, land on the exterior and then them rubbing against is marrs up your finish.

Arent you getting some more bad weather up your way? I might hold off until your ready, there are always more installers out and about. And like Mel said, his friend and him did his in about 5 hours and they probably did not have all the special tools and lifts etc. So $500 might be on the high side. I bet a local specialized exhaust shop would do you a faster turn around project and for a lower price.

Old 01-21-2014, 10:12 AM

Monte of the Month -- August 2013
10 Year Member

Yea, Tadd, Zippy is right, I was told about 3-5 hours for the job. I talked to a few guys yesterday and will let you know a little later. Busy at work but wanted to post the install time I was told.

Old 01-21-2014, 03:40 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Going to visit Muffler Man this week-end now that I have the install instructions they wanted about $300 bucks but wanted to see the instructions first. I got sick last week-end and did not go

We will see after that ....have sojme thinking to do

Thanks for all the insights guys

Old 01-21-2014, 05:44 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

Regarding low-end torque loss, seems like improving the exhaust velocity too much reduces the required back pressure enough to become an issue. Do a bit of online research if not familiar. I assume a professional installer who knows what he's doing can achieve the right setup instead of just slapping individual exhaust components on without modification.

This whole thread is highly interesting since I myself am on the fence right now regarding headers. Interested to see what you find out and who you eventually go with for the install Tadd.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 01-21-2014 at 06:16 PM.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:45 PM

10 Year Member

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Regarding low-end torque loss, seems like improving the exhaust velocity too much reduces the required back pressure enough to become an issue. Do a bit of online research if not familiar. I assume a professional installer who knows what he's doing can achieve the right setup instead of just slapping individual exhaust components on without modification.

This whole thread is highly interesting since I myself am on the fence right now regarding headers. Interested to see what you find out and who you eventually go with for the install Tadd.
With that being said Matt, this is why I am unsure. If one did go to a 3'' Piping wouldn't that just create more flow and increase exhaust velocity and thus eliminate that needed back pressure. This is what I was trying to find out from Will @ Overkill.

Old 01-21-2014, 07:03 PM
5 Year Member

Due to the fact I have already started my mods with 2.5" exhaust and headers I am kind of married to it now.

To add fuel to the fire, the Thorley Headers do come in a 3" model too (I did not know this till after they where shipped)

Old 01-21-2014, 07:04 PM

10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Tadcaster
Due to the fact I have already started my mods with 2.5" exhaust and headers I am kind of married to it now.

To add fuel to the fire, the Thorley Headers do come in a 3" model too (I did not know this till after they where shipped)
So Tadd what was size was shipped?

Old 01-21-2014, 07:12 PM
5 Year Member

2.5" inch you have to special request the 3" ones I guess - My magna Flow cat backs are also 2.5" with 3" tips so I am happy with that.

Still larger than stock which is only 2.25" I believe

Last edited by Tadcaster; 01-21-2014 at 07:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Lady Deuce got her tubes untied