Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

keyless entry part two

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 10:14 PM
Default keyless entry part two

OK. I received no suggestions in re my previous post quoted below relating to my 01 SS:

Key fob does not lock or unlock doors but does sound the horn and activate the security system so remote battery is OK. Neither rocker arm switch on door panels will lock or unlock doors either. Doors do not auto lock when driving.

Pulled off driver side door panel and found no loose wires. I have juice to the rocker arm switch on driver door. Fuses are not blown."

Any ideas? Could it have something to do with the programming connector supposedly in the trunk? I don't see how since even the rocker switches are inoperable. The auto lock not operating when putting vehicle in gear seems to indicate something."

Addition:

I notice in the manual under fuses that they mention a "module" for the door lock system as well as the seat heating system. (The latter something I never use in Arizona and might even be a different and totally unrelated "module".)

I think it must be either a relay (which location I can't determine) or the "module" (which location I can't determine).

I've noticed other posts on this forum with a problem identical to mine but if any of those problems were solved there is no mention of it.

Frankly, it is a total lack of courtesy for ANYONE to have their problem solved by another on this forum and not even bother to return to the forum and thank that individual. Evidently, that happens often. If I find the successful answer to my problem, I will post it regardless of where I discover it.

Old 01-18-2009, 05:48 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: keyless entry part two

Sorry to hear of your door lock problems. Here is a page from the Haynes manual, and the link to it. Hope this helps.
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/f...MC_p_12-16.jpg

Old 01-22-2009, 11:55 AM

Thanks ROCKN. I have the same manual and have gone through those instructions previously. They mention a "module" but not sure where it is located. Probably under the dash behind the driver side fusebox. If I come up with a solution, will post same.

Old 01-24-2009, 04:26 PM

Hey i got the exact same problem still no fix. Help please!

Old 01-24-2009, 06:16 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

When you hit the power door lock buttons (switch on the doors and the key fob) does it sound like it's trying to lock the door? Are you able to lock the door manually by flipping the latch on the inside door handle?

Old 01-25-2009, 01:28 PM

when I hit the door switch nothing happens on either door as well the trunk release is inop. when i use the fob I can hear relays switching but still nothing happens except for the horn when pressing lock. the manual latches work fine. I already check all my fuses they are all fine. Previously I had a security light while driving sometimes and my lights also flicker now and then it could be related. so I don't have keyless entry or power locks at the moment this sucks.

Old 01-26-2009, 10:34 AM

Knight.

That is not identical to my problem since in my casethe actuators don't engage from the remotenor do the manualrocker arms lock or unlock.

Are you positive that you hear the relays clicking? If it wasn't for that (fact?)I wouldsuspect thatyou had a programming problem.

I haven't located my problem yet; been too busy with other matters. But will post solution when I discover what it is.

Old 05-28-2012, 08:04 PM

I have this same issue on mine but I have not had time to dig into it yet.

Old 07-22-2012, 10:11 PM

I have the same issue. I have 2 different key fobs, one of them is OEM and the other is one that I bought as an OEM replacement online. Both of them were working fine, then just a couple of days ago, they don't work anymore. When I push any of the buttons on either one of the remotes, ANY of the buttons, nothing at all happens. There are no clicking sounds or anything at all.

To add, the trunk release botton inside the car and also the lock/unlock buttons inside the car still work fine. It is just the key fobs that aren't working.

The fuse is fine, I even replaced it just to make sure. What are suggestions? Is there a transmitter somewhere on the car that I can check?

Last edited by bigcat24; 07-23-2012 at 12:05 PM.