Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

keyless entry

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 12:51 PM
Default keyless entry

Does not lock or unlock doors but does sound the horn and activate the security system so battery is OK. Neither rocker arm switch on door panels will lock or unlock doors either. Doors do not auto lock when driving.

Pulled off driver side door panel and found no loose wires. Fuses are not blown.

Any ideas? Could it have something to do with the programming connector in the trunk? I don't see how since even the rocker switches are inoperable. The auto lock not operating when putting vehicle in gear seems to indicate something.

(01 MC SS)

Old 08-10-2009, 03:10 AM

If battery are ok you will try reprogramm your remote
http://www.carandtruckremotes.com/pr...nte-carlo.html

Old 08-10-2009, 08:06 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sounds like it could be an issue with your BCM maybe. Usually when they start to go some funny things can happen.

Or maybe it's just a sensor for your locks?

Old 08-10-2009, 12:15 PM

You might be correct blacksheep. I'm also having a problem with my a/c and I've pretty much tracked it down to lack of communication between the BCM and PCM. Otherwise, the car runs great.

I know that the BCM is calling for a/c but the PCM is not energizing the contactor. Every other possibility has been eliminated. I thought about flashing the PCM but didn't want to toss $100 on a chance and then end up buying a PCM and spend another $100 flashing that one.

I think you were on the right track but it might actually be the PCM causing the problems in both cases. (The masked men at the dealer want $983 for a PCM (exchange) and $236 for a BCM although I know I can find them on the net for much less.)

If I thought there was the slightest chance that flashing the present PCM might solve the problem, I wouldn't hesitate to spend the money. I found after three days of surfing a problem similar to mine but the solution in that case didn't help. The guy gerrymandered a direct switch to the contactor. That's NOT the way to do it as that PCM controls cutoff of the a/c under many different driving conditions.

When I finally solve the problem, I'll post the correct solution. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:41 PM

15 Year Member

Here's a suggestion, if you are getting a new PCM get a canned tune one. Why not? :P

For $200 ($100 back with core) you'll have a better performing car and a new PCM.

But I still say the BCM could be the culprit.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:37 PM

When you say the BCM, are you referring to the problem with the locks or the a/c? Right now the latter is the most critical. I can deal with the problem locks later even though that was the original topic.

It's hard to believe that both the BCM and PCM failed at the same time.

I do know that the signal for the a/c is getting to the BCM. From there, it goes into the PCM in order to trip the contactor. The problem is either between the two or within the PCM.

According to an electrical analysis, the signal IS being sent from the BCM but the PCM isn't responding to that circuit call.

The only thing I haven't done is to clean the PCM. I understand that many of the problems with them relate to a buildup of dust in the unit.

I'm not sure what you mean by a "canned" tune. First time I've heard that. I thought that the replacement unit needed to be flashed to each VIN number. Can you explain that process?

Thanks.

Old 08-11-2009, 01:01 PM

15 Year Member
Old 08-12-2009, 03:32 PM
Default bcm/pcm

Nice link, blacksheep. Thanks.

I suppose there is no problem using one of those cranked up PCM's on a stock 01 Monte.

I wish there was a way to isolate as to whether it is the BCM or PCM but as far as I know there isn't.

At any rate, I'm not opposed to spending $100 to get a flashed PCM which increases performance. If it turns out to be the BCM, at least I didn't toss away money for nothing.

Thanks again.

Old 08-12-2009, 03:36 PM

15 Year Member

Not a problem.

If you plan on getting a ZZP Downpipe+High-flow cat for your monte in the near future, have the PCM disable the P0420 code, then you won't have to worry about it ever.