Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

I really need assistance. . .

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 11:04 PM
Location: <embed width="440" height="420" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://v5.tinypic.com/play
Default I really need assistance. . .

i have a 01 monte carlo SS, and for some reason, when i accelerate, my car shakes, at first i thought it was ma rim because i got a flat tire{20inch rims} the day b4 and couldn't get it fixed until the next day, i thought i needed a wheel balance so i went back got it balanced and thoght everything was great, but still shakes when i accelerate, only on acceleration if i let go of the gas, i roll smooth but press gas, it shakes, you guys think its time for a tune up or could it be the motor mounts because i also noticed if i shift from reverse to drive or vice versa ma engine jerks, could it be motor mounts or what because i dont wanna keep driving y car like this, thanks in advance

Old 04-21-2009, 11:51 PM

maybe a transmission issue. is it slipping at all?

Old 04-22-2009, 09:54 AM

bad suspension parts can do this if they are under stress from the motor (hence the shaking under acceleration but not when you coast) have you tried having it alligned recently? you may have bad tie rod ends. they are notorious for going bad

Old 04-22-2009, 10:39 AM
Location: <embed width="440" height="420" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://v5.tinypic.com/play

to the 1st person, no the transmission seems to be fine, and it used to do minor minor shaking a while ago but never lie this, idk what it could be, every since i put the tire on, its beeen juss shaking, i think im going to get the motor mounts replaced

Old 04-22-2009, 10:48 AM

Maybe try putting suspect tire on back and see if it changes things. I'd do a little more troube shooting before throwing money at parts that don't need replacing. jmo.

Old 04-23-2009, 07:28 AM

i was cruising around the forum, and a member named Silver had the same problem you're having. he diagnosed the problem as a bad passenger side cv shaft. check the boots and underneath the car to see if the grease blew out?

Old 04-23-2009, 03:40 PM

ya ill check, becuz nothing wrong with my tires but ill check today and as for the mounts, if i don have the same problem as silver, ill end up having them looked at, hey is there a way u kan send me the link of th epost u were lookin at with silvers problem dude?

Old 04-23-2009, 04:46 PM

update: juss checked with the tire shop and they confirmed that the tires should be ok, the fact that it doesnt shake when im not pressin the gas further proves that tires should be good, so yea next thign is the mounts, im almost 75% sure its the mounts, juss went to my car, popped the hood, switched from park to reverse reverse to drive, drive to reverse and engine noticeably jerked{kar shaked a bit each shift} and i put it in park and presed da gas and engine jerked a bit, maybe loose screw on the mounts or sumthing but ill kno by monday or tuesday shop closed 2maro sat and sunday so my mc taking a vacation for the weekend . . .back to the honda lol, if any1 has anymore help ill still greatly appreciate it

Old 04-23-2009, 08:42 PM

Hey ,My car is doing the same thing,i would love to know what to lok for. mine is a 2000 ss Thanks

Old 04-23-2009, 08:49 PM

well yes ur motor is gonna move when u shift...it is attached to the transmission. if this is ever since u had a flat tire (did it blow out when you were driving or what?) it may be a suspension part. the fact that its only when u accelerate (does it do it in revers as well?) indicates that it may just be a loose part that engages when u put it under load. let us know what the shop says.

Quick Reply: I really need assistance. . .