Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

I Might Go Crazy.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 03:15 PM
Default I Might Go Crazy.....

Ok so here is the deal.....

i posted a while back about hesitation....i went and replaced the fuel filter and it hasnt helped. the hesitation is getting worse and at some points when i am accelerating it feels as if the engine just might quit and completely stop. when i floor it the acceleration is AWFUL. there are is no engine light so there are no codes popping up. there is no knocking or popping in the engine. i am stumped and i don't know what it could be.

please help me.....

Old 03-09-2007, 03:43 PM
Default RE: I Might Go Crazy.....

[align=center][/align][align=center]Dale, sorry to read that you are still having prob's : ([/align][align=center]Did you check your Cat Converterto see if it'sblocked?[/align][align=center]I hope a member has more infor 4 U.[/align][align=center]Mod Wiz Kidd,[/align][align=center]your turn....[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Good Luck `Dale.[/align]

Old 03-09-2007, 06:17 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

i was thinking the same thing you are space...

possibly a cat convertor...thats the only thing i can think of right now...is there any check engine lights on at all???

let us know whats goin on

Old 03-09-2007, 08:25 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

I had the same thing happen twice on another car of mine and it turned out to be a broken valve seat twice.

The first time I threw a rod and replaced the engine. The second time they caught it and it costs $1500 to repair.

Each time the cause was the same, the cat was plugged causing the seats to over heat.

Hope you problem isn't this bad.

Old 03-09-2007, 09:32 PM

but if the cat was backed up,wouldnt the check engine light come on?

the check engine lighthasnt evencome on once.

Old 03-09-2007, 10:28 PM

Sometime not too long ago I posted the exact years and chassis numbers of cars that had the problem cats... if your car falls into the range, I would check it out.

Old 03-10-2007, 12:10 AM

the idiot light is suposed to come on yes. But i can tell you i have heard alot of folks having this issue with the montes and thier Cats plugging up. and no codes
So if this is the case i would get it replaced and og checked out.

Old 03-10-2007, 04:08 AM

what is the best way to do it? should i do it myself? if so, any tips?

if it is the cat, should i take advantage of this and go ahead and get a high-flo?

Old 03-10-2007, 10:06 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

yah, go for the highflow one...but more than likely your cat on you car is covered under gm warranty

Old 03-10-2007, 10:25 AM

I've had the same problem on my '00 SSsince July. The dealer had the car for a total of 13 days. They replaced the cat first-no change and had everyone in the shop look at it and test drive it. Finally they put a new fuel filter on it (I had put 2 on it in the last 500 miles)and gave it back. It alsospent 5 daysat alocalshop and a day at the trans shop and they couldn't figure it out either. Here's what I've done on my own. Maybe itwill save you some money.[/align]replaced fuel pump[/align]replaced fuel regulator[/align]serviced transair filter pcv etc..[/align]close visual inspection of all wires connectors fuel lines etc...[/align][/align]Let me know if you have any luck figuring it out. Mine is pretty much parked until it warms up here in MD. and I can start throwing more parts at it.[/align]

Quick Reply: I Might Go Crazy.....