Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

I Fixed My Monte!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 08:37 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Very nice Camaro. I'm driving around a 4th Gen for a couple years until the 5th Gen prices come down a little

Old 12-05-2011, 09:23 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Xx-007-xX
Yes I read up a lot on that beast, nice car but too much $ for me, I see it has a top speed of 184, whats funy is my wife floored my V6 camaro during a test drive out on an open road (salesman said to floor it) and that thing got to 120 MPH real fast, that is probably as fast as we will ever push it, I pride my self on my ticketless driving record and yet still this Camaro has plenty of power for my middle aged ****.
Yeah that ZL1 Camaro has too big $$$ for us to buy
Maybe in time someone will sell one cheap if they don't know what they have .. LOL

Old 12-05-2011, 12:19 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2011

you get 3 thumbs up in my opinion...

- for keeping the monte, and in the garage no less

- for going with blue

- for sticking with a good ole chevy

Old 12-05-2011, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Very nice Camaro. I'm driving around a 4th Gen for a couple years until the 5th Gen prices come down a little
The prices arent that bad, I got mine for around 27k and they are going to install the heritage grill that they threw in the deal.
This car has the connectivity package which is well worth it to me(when I get into my camaro with my phone it automaticaly hooks up via the blue tooth and I can place and recieve calls easily, it is a feature that I find very handy)
It also came with the windows tinted (only what was legal here in GA) door edge guards, and nitrogen charged tires.
There is every bell and whistle I could ever want and am discovering a enw one everyday, it probably has twice the godies that my fully loaded 04 Monte has.
They look sweet sitting next to each other in the garage.
If you end up getting a Camaro you owe it to yourself to visit TrueCar.com and all you gotta do is input what you are looking for and it will show you all the real deals and where to get them, it saved me $1600 off of invoice on my Camaro, it could save you up to $2400 off invoice depending what you want.
IMHO $27k these days is going average for a decent vehicle, I look at it this way......if you are going to pay around this much for a car you might as well get what you want, after all its what you gotta live with.
Ya I didn't get the SS with all the goodies but I am not one to try and out doo the Joneses, this car is plenty fast enough at 323 HP, and it goes just as fast as any other Camaro V6 whether it has RS or what ever else added to it.

Old 12-05-2011, 06:53 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by Jester_20
you get 3 thumbs up in my opinion...

- for keeping the monte, and in the garage no less

- for going with blue

- for sticking with a good ole chevy
I am going to keep the Monte for a while longer, it is the wifes car so it will be up to her, now she WANTS a Camaro especially after spending time behind the wheel of this beauty, stock for stock it is way more powerfull than the Monte, it fits her better, and to the both of us it is just a lot more solid feeling car than the Monte (keeping in mind the age of the Monte and what it has been through)

Ya I love the blue, my 68 Camaro was almost the same blue ( I sure miss that thing) I was forced to sell my 68 due to the economy and me not having a job and as a last resort I had to sell it and I sold it under protest. But when we sold it my wife made me a promise that since I had to sell it then she will do every thing in her power to get me one of the new ones when we could afford one, she held true to her promise. I had to get a blue for nostalgia and in remembrance of my 68, when I look out through the windshield of this thing I am reminded of the same similar shape of the hood and front end of my 68, and when I look in my side mirrors and see the rear "hips" I am reminded yet again that I am in a camaro with a lot of design cues of the originals. No it is not my 68, but with this car I am having no problem getting over the loss of my 68, this thing is a blast to drive and it pays homage to the old one I used to have.

Oh....and yes......I am Chevy ALL THE WAY TO THE CORE!

Old 12-06-2011, 09:15 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Xx-007-xX
This car has the connectivity package which is well worth it to me(when I get into my camaro with my phone it automaticaly hooks up via the blue tooth and I can place and recieve calls easily, it is a feature that I find very handy)
It also came with the windows tinted (only what was legal here in GA) door edge guards, and nitrogen charged tires.
There is every bell and whistle I could ever want and am discovering a enw one everyday, it probably has twice the godies that my fully loaded 04 Monte has.
I want my cars to be barebone. The Camaro I have now is manual everything, locks, windows, transmission, etc. I don't want a Camaro with creature comforts haha. That is just more stuff that can break and more weight to a car.

I do plan on going v6.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:35 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
I want my cars to be barebone. The Camaro I have now is manual everything, locks, windows, transmission, etc. I don't want a Camaro with creature comforts haha. That is just more stuff that can break and more weight to a car.
I do plan on going v6.
X2 , Barebone.., My Corvette has manual brakes & steering ,and 4 speed
manual transmission, no AC ..

Old 12-06-2011, 09:42 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2011

sorry guys, while i'd like a manual trans, i'll take my heated seats/ac anyday :P

Old 12-06-2011, 10:20 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

I gotta have power everything & leather lol but deff manual trans

Old 12-06-2011, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
I gotta have power everything & leather lol but deff manual trans
I too thought about getting the manual trans, but like another post says"i like the creature comforts, like leather seats etc..." I like the remote start that comes with the automatic(but you have to get the connectivity package for the remote start)
I also like the tap shift on the automatic as well, I got on it and tried it put last night out on an open country road and that thing is a real kick in the pants to use.
I too have learned that too many bells and whistles on a car is just more that can break down and I learned that especially on my loaded out Monte Carlo, but I also know that most cars nowadays have all these types of goodies regardless, so if I am going to make payments on something I might as well get what I want. everything still works on my Monte (knock on wood) and I imagine it will all work just fine on the Camaro.

Quick Reply: I Fixed My Monte!!!!!!!