Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

i am going to try to help the ones with out fog

Old 02-29-2012, 12:02 PM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Exclamation i am going to try to help the ones with out fog

ok i know there is people here that have there monte's that didnt com with fog lights and the wires that came with them. i lost the number that i had to order mine and i would like some one here to help the rest of us that are looking for the wires to have some thing close or at least operate like stock that will help us keep them uniqu and also to help to have hid in the future. i know there are ones like me that dont want to add some thing that might or might not give elecrtical problems down the future.i just want to create a post that has the stock part numbers for the wire harrness for the fog lights and the harnes number seperat from the stock to creat hid fog and head light to help it keep it clean. so when some one is trying to find out where they can get the stockwire harness to have the option to turn on and off the fog when they choose when they use the head light switch. i forgot the part number for the head light switch and the fog lights i already have those. but i need help to post the fog light part number wire harness for the fog lights and the fog light switch. also the hid fog light part number as well for those who want to get them and is not sure what the part number is. thank you for bearing the read i know there is a let down for some of us not knowing where to go for the wire harness and who will have them and who sells them. thank you for shareing

Old 02-29-2012, 12:05 PM
15 Year Member

i also like the moderator to help as well to have it up as a sticky i have seen the post on how to make a fog light hid and there are two or three with a 7th gen like mine looking for the parts list also some other 7th gen as well looking for them and has given up to have a post up to find out what they need to make it happen that is easy to find and goes from there

Old 03-01-2012, 10:24 AM

From what ive heard you would have to redo the whole ECU for the wiring to work properly with a stock switch for fog lights and thats why you're better off just getting a switch and some wire and wiring it up yourself. You can also buy the connectors for cheap at any auto parts store for the stock H11 bulbs.

Fog Lamp Chrome Cover- 15776171 - GM COVER

Fog Light Housings- Chevy Monte Carlo Fog Light - Free Shipping - Replacement

Old 03-08-2012, 03:27 PM
15 Year Member

15827849 is the part number for the harness for the fog light and every thing it is about 256 give or take. what i was told by the chevy dealer tech is where it conects to that o ring on the harness is the place where the dash controlls for the light's hooks up and follow the rest in hooking it up. i found it from gmpartsgiant.com but with the head light controlles is up to where the person can find it for less like a salvage yard or over the counter at a parts stor or on line. same with the lenses i will look up the part number and list price for them as well. also looking up the caughst of the bcm price as well when after install if they dont work, slim chance that the bcm might need to be programed saying hay there are fog lights