Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Monte Carlo Repair Help (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/monte-carlo-repair-help-8/)
-   -   6th Gen ('00-'05): Hub Bearings hard to find good replacements. (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/monte-carlo-repair-help-8/hub-bearings-hard-find-good-replacements-41150/)

silverodo12345 02-11-2013 09:44 AM

If you need the replacement bolts #11570580 on GM's website will work they are the correct set of bolts I replaced both hub bearing assemblies this time with known good ones. Well even from ordering online you might end up with a bad part but do yourself a favor don't buy them from the auto parts stores. Those places are being abused good parts getting replaced by bad ones and such. They need to have a better way of tracking their merchandise bar codes or something that will notify them its not the part that was originally in the package. Anyway, consider this post complete.

supercharged05ss 02-11-2013 01:54 PM

so has anyone tried the Raybestos wheel hub bearings?

shynativegrl 03-13-2013 08:18 PM

Hope the Timkens I ordered from Rock Auto are good, they just arrived today.
i went by the dealership and got a quote on the bolts.
$4.57 for the font ones part # 11570580 (same as the one mentioned in an earlier post) and the rear bolts are $6.63 part #18025909
Two different part numbers if thats correct it's on my quote sheet anyways.
Does anyone know if the dealer is the only place to get these bolts?
I need 13 of them and they are going to cost almost $90 from the dealer.
Thats more than the hubs!

MJClemm 03-14-2013 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by shynativegrl (Post 534402)
Hope the Timkens I ordered from Rock Auto are good, they just arrived today.
i went by the dealership and got a quote on the bolts.
$4.57 for the font ones part # 11570580 (same as the one mentioned in an earlier post) and the rear bolts are $6.63 part #18025909
Two different part numbers if thats correct it's on my quote sheet anyways.
Does anyone know if the dealer is the only place to get these bolts?
I need 13 of them and they are going to cost almost $90 from the dealer.
Thats more than the hubs!

Just wondering, are you talking about the lug studs ? If so, you can use the old ones if you take them off correctly. To remove them, put the lug not on until the top of the stud is even with the lug nut and get a hammer and pound them out, or you can use a air hammer. .... If that's what you are talking about, if they are stripped, then, yes replace them, but if not they can be reused.

shynativegrl 03-14-2013 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by MJClemm (Post 534593)
Just wondering, are you talking about the lug studs ? If so, you can use the old ones if you take them off correctly. To remove them, put the lug not on until the top of the stud is even with the lug nut and get a hammer and pound them out, or you can use a air hammer. .... If that's what you are talking about, if they are stripped, then, yes replace them, but if not they can be reused.

The Timken hub assembly comes with the lug nut bolts already installed.
the ones I'm talking about hold the hub to the steering knuckle.

ChibiBlackSheep 03-15-2013 05:47 AM

Dealer is the only place that I know to get the bolts.

boggie 03-19-2013 08:34 PM

I in a parts store and we recomend timken or national bearings have them on my 2001 nevr had a problem .I am just starting to get falures with the oem ones i have 75,000 on the car now .have done the front now a rear one has failed getting that one fixed .