Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Monte Carlo Repair Help (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/monte-carlo-repair-help-8/)
-   -   High Mileage LTZ (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/monte-carlo-repair-help-8/high-mileage-ltz-37116/)

GrandPaDave 06-22-2012 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by monte07 (Post 469941)
it remindes me i need to do mine i do aalot of high way and attraction driving. bad drivers where you need to use your breaks alot i mean stop on a dime abuse. i need to replace my rotors and pads at the same time it feels like they are warped. what are the best rotors to be honest i dont really want to get reamed on the price on them

I posted a few months ago that my mechanic told me that he could tell people who were good and were bad with their braking habbits. Fortunately, he told me that I has very good braking habits because my brakes and rotors were in very good condition.

Also, sometimes the pulsating brakes are not the rotors, but the ABS kicking in.;)

GrandPaDave 06-22-2012 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by God_Bot (Post 469953)
Dang, and here I was thinking my 110k was getting high. So far I haven't had any steering problems other than the blown line that was later recalled.

I seem to have cured my Service Traction Control with a complete tune up including cleaning the throttle body (probably helped the most). Pretty much my only complaints so far.

I replaced my brakes at 60k with slotted rotors and some EBC pads (I think). Old ones didn't really have any warpage and so far these ones don't either. Replacing them was pretty easy and straight forward, in case you might be thinking of taking that route.

Yeah, I took mine in for the power brake line recall. I also hate when the traction control light comes on every time I get on the throttle off the line.

GrandPaDave 06-22-2012 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Grizzly Mint (Post 470011)
I am small town guy but drive 70 miles round trip to work every day. Some days I work at diffrent stores or multiple stores and I put 300+ on in a day. cruise control is alot easier but you get an extra 2-3 mpg without it at least in a hilly are like me. Work is 250' above sea level I live 12 ft below sea level. So alot of hills and the way to work is uphill.

Is it suburban or rural mileage?

GrandPaDave 06-22-2012 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831 (Post 470013)
I haven't tried the cruise yet and I've had my car since 2009.......I haven't even figured out how to use it either......:o

Yeah, I had to practice in light traffic before I became confident in heavy traffic. I can almost cruise control on Los Angeles surface streets now.

GrandPaDave 06-22-2012 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mike 00LS (Post 470021)
I rarely use mine. My truck doesn't even have it :rolleyes:

Since I found out I had diabetes and swelling issues with my accelerator leg, I had no choice but to utilize the cruise control as much as possible. High mileage driving is one of the main causes of vein issues with diabetic people.

BTW, I drove cross country for many years.

06LS4 01-12-2013 02:15 AM

Monte carlos don't come with ceramic pads. The pads for 99.00 aren't the oem pad that came on your car. It came with metalic... those cheap ceramic
pads are hell on your rotors...

God_Bot 01-28-2013 08:49 AM

Ceramic pads are considered to not cause much wear on the rotor at all. The comparisons that I've seen say that metallic pads are more abrasive thus causing more wear.

Space 01-28-2013 09:33 AM

Hi Garrett (Belated Happy 2013 to you),
Great to see you online & making posts. Hope life is going good 4 U 4-Sure! How many more years of school ?
Wish U the best ~> EnJoy the Journey.
===========================
Hi Grandpa `Dave,
It's great to see member's with the 3.9L posting their updates..
Thanks 2 you & Garrett for keep'in them alive & running...
It's a great engine with a lot of power :thumbsup:
Peace/Out

God_Bot 01-28-2013 01:20 PM

I'll be done this Spring and then I'll be out working full-time.

Right now I've got to replace the antenna for the key fob/tire pressure sensors and get my rear defrost working. I plan on doing a write-up for each as those both apply regardless of engine.