Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

6th Gen ('00-'05): High Beam warning and turn signal problem

Old 07-31-2018, 02:53 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member
Default High Beam warning and turn signal problem

I'm having some electrical problems this week, on the message center I get a light High Beam Out, but it is working fine, and when I try the turn signals both sides flash at the same time. All of the bulbs seem to be working. I read somewhere it may be a broken ground, or something with the fog light ground, anyone know where these grounds attach? A photo would be amazing!
Thanks
Dave

Old 08-01-2018, 06:54 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member
Default Fixed it!

All fixed. After some more searching the site I found others that had the same problem, so I pulled on the ground above the drivers side headlight and the small wire came right off of the terminal. So I cut the large wire and put a crimp terminal on both wires and it worked!
https://montecarloforum.com/forum/mo.../#&gid=1&pid=1

Old 08-02-2018, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by DAVESS2002 View Post
All fixed. After some more searching the site I found others that had the same problem, so I pulled on the ground above the drivers side headlight and the small wire came right off of the terminal. So I cut the large wire and put a crimp terminal on both wires and it worked!
https://montecarloforum.com/forum/mo.../#&gid=1&pid=1
Had I seen this post in time I would have suggested just that. I had similar electrical issues on my 2002 and pulling on that ground wire caused it to fall out.

Old 08-04-2018, 06:44 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Yes glad I read that, the day before I looked at that ground and it was all green corrosion. I took off the bolt and sanded it down to bare metal, as well as the terminal connected to the two wires and they looked fine. The small wire must have been broken inside the plastic insulation as after reading the article I went out and pulled on the wire and it broke right off!

Search this Thread
Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.