Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

HELP Remote start install and SECURITY LIGHT

Old 02-03-2009, 09:55 PM
Default HELP Remote start install and SECURITY LIGHT

I am installing a remote start in my 03 monte and now it wont start and the security light flashes. Does any one know how to fix this problem. I tried the procedure of turning the key to the on position and leaving it on for 15 min and doing that 4 times but it still didn't start. However i do not have the interface module installed yet does this need to e done before the passlock will be relearned. If anyone has any help it would be greatly appreciated.

Old 02-03-2009, 10:27 PM
Default RE: Remote start install and SECURITY LIGHT

first off what kind of remote start did u install and what have u all done to install it? by interface module do u mean the security bypass module? give us some more information

Old 02-03-2009, 10:32 PM

I am installing the 5901 from viper and i have all the wires connected except the hood pin and brake wire. All the heavy gauge wires are connected and all the wires the BCM are also connected, and yes i mean the bypass module is not installed yet.

Old 02-03-2009, 10:45 PM

well if its anything like my DEI (same company that makes viper) you have to cut the starter wire and and hook up the module in series with the starter wire. have u cut that wire? i recall that when i had installed the remote start i had not hooked everything up and i could not start the car...when i plugged in my security bypass i could start the car. i know DEI had a support line does viper have one you could call?

Old 02-03-2009, 10:51 PM

ya DEI has the same support line as for all of their remote starts and i know the bypass has to e hooked up in series with the start wire but im glad that it will start once i get the bypass module hooked up. Which order is the bypass module hooked up to the starter wire and the remote start wires?... and would your not even start with the key before you put in the bypass module

Old 02-03-2009, 11:02 PM

hmm id suggest followin your instructions as i am not an expert on viper remote starts...in order to calibrate my remote start i had to cut the starter wire and put my dvom in series and measure the resistance of the wire when i cranked the engine. i then had to adjust the resistor in the bypass to match the resistance of the key. this allowed passlock to c the correct resistance when the remote start was activated. make sure that u soder all of the connections that have to do with the security bypass because butt connectors and quick connects will add resistance

Old 02-03-2009, 11:13 PM

I know I have to program it for the resistance the only thing i guess i dont understand because i have not dont alot of wiring is what they mean by in series or in parallel? Thanks man for all your help

Old 02-04-2009, 12:30 AM

series and parallel are jsut different ways of wiring. read this article. the article is about speakers but its the same with any componenthttp://www.termpro.com/articles/spkrz.html

Old 02-09-2009, 11:06 PM

hey guys thanks for all the help. I finally figured it out yesterday. The first problem of it not starting was because the bypass was not installed yet and even for it the car to start with the key the bypass has to be install which i was unaware of as were the installers i talked to. Then after i got the install completed it still would not remote start but everything else worked just fine even the valet takeover. Im not sure why but i had to disconnect the second accessory wire and then reconnect it for it to remote start. thanks again for the help

Old 02-09-2009, 11:19 PM

ORIGINAL: poynter32
The first problem of it not starting was because the bypass was not installed yet and even for it the car to start with the key the bypass has to be install which i was unaware of as were the installers i talked to.
i said that in my second post lol but glad u got it to work

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HELP Remote start install and SECURITY LIGHT