Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Help me!! 2007 Monte SS.

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 10:39 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Help me!! 2007 Monte SS.

Good evening guys and gals! Long time no see! I've been very busy with College (Trying to get on the Dean's List) so I haven't had the time to make a post on the forum.
The last time I was on here, I had an 01 SS, and now I've moved on to a beautiful 07 SS. Silver with Black Racing Stripes. However, I've ran into an issue now that the weather is cold, and I don't know if it is related to the battery or not.

Firstly, the key will not recline the ignition to the "Off" Position! When I try to recline it, it's just stuck in the "Accessry" Position, which of course, has caused the battery to die (which also seems like another issue.)

Trying to start the car, nothing happens. Nothing Cranks, nothing comes on, nothing clinks. No sound, no power, no anything.

To make matters worse, since I thought it was Anti-Theft system related, I tried to reset the system by sticking the key into the Driver side keyhole. The key won't turn neither Left Nor Right, which I have NEVER heard of any car doing!.

I've also tried jumping the car with no success. We got just enough Juice to the car, to put it in Neutral to get it towed back to my apartment.

Any ideas on what it could be? I thought that since I've been having battery issues for about a week now, that it could be bad, however, seeing is that the key doesn't recline the ignition far back anymore (also tried replacement key with no luck), and the fact that it doesn't turn the lock on the door anymore sorta bothers me.

Let me know if you guys have any ideas on what it could be!.

Old 11-22-2014, 05:18 AM

Time for a new battery! recommend the Delco Professional series

problem #2 door lock has nothing to do with the electrical problem... the lock/tumbler is simply seized do to lack of use. A little penetrant in the lock should free it up.

Old 11-22-2014, 12:34 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Ill_Born_ss
Time for a new battery! recommend the Delco Professional series

problem #2 door lock has nothing to do with the electrical problem... the lock/tumbler is simply seized do to lack of use. A little penetrant in the lock should free it up.
Thanks!
I think I've said it above, but it's the Original Delco that came with the car, so it's definitely time to replace it since it's about 7 years old.

Any link to a website for that other Delco Battery that you speak of?

Also, what penetrates do you recommend that I use for the door lock?

Finally, do you think that the battery issue is also the cause of why my Ignition won't fully recline to the OFF Position?

Old 11-22-2014, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Domo01SS
Thanks!
I think I've said it above, but it's the Original Delco that came with the car, so it's definitely time to replace it since it's about 7 years old.

Any link to a website for that other Delco Battery that you speak of?
Just go to a GM dealer, the original battery was 525 CCA the new Delco Professional is 640CCA and it is a perfect fit... unlike others. Here in Canada it was 99$ with warranty. Just remember NEGATIVE off FIRST and ON last.

Also, what penetrates do you recommend that I use for the door lock?
WD-40, PBblaster, deep creep by seafoam

Finally, do you think that the battery issue is also the cause of why my Ignition won't fully recline to the OFF Position?
Defiantly! been there a few times

Old 11-22-2014, 11:49 PM
5 Year Member

Defiantly! been there a few times
Ok, Thanks!!!
I'll look around online for that Delco branded Battery. I'll more than likely change it myself, even though I've heard that the battery in the 7 Gens are a P.I.T.A. to change.

So do you think that should definitely fix my non-reclining Ignition as well? Even though I definitely need a new battery, I'd hate to spend $100 towards something that really isn't the problem, while that $100 could've went towards the actual issue.

Old 11-23-2014, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Domo01SS
Ok, Thanks!!!
I'll look around online for that Delco branded Battery.I doubt you will find one online, it is a very specific model battery, available thru your local GM Parts counter. Call or go in and more than likely they will have to order it in. Then go in and get it and being a student ask if they can do better on the price, as you are just a student. Most nice places will give you discount. I'll more than likely change it myself, even though I've heard that the battery in the 7 Gens are a P.I.T.A. to change. Yes but if you take your time it goes not so bad.

So do you think that should definitely fix my non-reclining Ignition as well? Even though I definitely need a new battery, I'd hate to spend $100 towards something that really isn't the problem, while that $100 could've went towards the actual issue.
I used the term "Definitely" for a reason!

Good luck and if you have questions just post here and I will try to walk you thru it.

Old 12-01-2014, 03:58 PM
5 Year Member
Default We Have a Problem.

Ok.
I was already prepared for how much of a PITA this will be, but now I've lost patience!

Now, I have no way to maneuver the Battery out from the Fuse Box. Is there a way to safely remove the fuse box?

BUMP.

Old 12-01-2014, 05:31 PM

There is 2 barrel nuts on the top of the box holding it to the strut tower, then the box pulls upward to release a slide in tab from the bottom end. this should give you enough space to remove the battery.

Old 12-01-2014, 05:34 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

I recommend using Graphite VS WD40 as it will eat your paint right off the car if you get to generous with WD40. for your door locks.

Old 12-01-2014, 11:16 PM
5 Year Member

There is 2 barrel nuts on the top of the box holding it to the strut tower, then the box pulls upward to release a slide in tab from the bottom end. this should give you enough space to remove the battery.
I have done so, but it didn't give me personally enough space to bring the Battery Up. Since it's cold, and finals are coming up, I'm gonna have to have it towed tomorrow and taken to the shop to get worked on.

I've even had a buddy hold the Box up while I tried to lift the battery up,w ith no success at all.

I have the worst luck!!

Quick Reply: Help me!! 2007 Monte SS.