Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 05:16 PM
Default RE: Help!

Guess it's time to take it in to the shop. Last night the MIL came on(flashing). Shut the car of restarted in then the light stayed on(no flashing). Later in the night stopped to get gas light goes out. Still getting a bad hesitation. I know leaving the gas cap lose will trip the MIL, I'm always careful not to do that. UGGGHHH!!!!!

Old 08-14-2005, 06:23 PM

ORIGINAL: montecarlobabe

Guess it's time to take it in to the shop. Last night the MIL came on(flashing). Shut the car of restarted in then the light stayed on(no flashing). Later in the night stopped to get gas light goes out. Still getting a bad hesitation. I know leaving the gas cap lose will trip the MIL, I'm always careful not to do that. UGGGHHH!!!!!
Good luck at the dealer, hopefully it's something simple and they don't take you to the cleaners.

Old 08-23-2005, 12:08 PM

It almost sounds like it could be low fuel pressure. When driving around sharp corners or up steep hills could cause this. I would check for porper operation of the fule pump, and any restrictions of the fule filter along with the fule lines. To check for fule pressure you need a pressure gauge. This will let you know if you do have proper fule pressure. In the end it would almost be easier to take it to a shop. If you are willing to do this yourself I would suggest getting a repair manual, here it can give you a step by step instruction. The only way you will solve this problem is by trial and error along with experience. Good luck!

Old 08-28-2005, 07:30 PM

Well before I could get it in the shop it has bit the dust(lets hope its not dead). Still not sure what it is...guess I'll know now for sure. Could the serpentine belt being on wrong cause problems like this? Dont ask, lol. UH OHHHH.....lol

Old 08-28-2005, 07:33 PM

that sucks, sorry to hear that. Hope you have a CC.

Old 08-28-2005, 08:36 PM

Well in my frantic state of mind I was when when my car died I thought the belt was wrong but it's not. The motor sounds like a lawn mower motor shaking and carrying on. I'm afraid it's cooked, but what do I know I'm a girl. It has oil and plenty of it but when it started acting up the low oil pressure light came on and then the car died. It will start back but will not stay running and like I said sounds horrible..no knocking just extremly rough...then it dies. Wont idle unless I give it gas. Guess I can quit guessing cause its on its way to a repair shop. Just out of curiosity does this vehicle have a timing belt or chain? It's a 1999 Monte. Thanks guys for all your help!!

Old 08-28-2005, 08:53 PM

Well in my frantic state of mind I was when when my car died I thought the belt was wrong but it's not. The motor sounds like a lawn mower motor shaking and carrying on. I'm afraid it's cooked, but what do I know I'm a girl. It has oil and plenty of it but when it started acting up the low oil pressure light came on and then the car died. It will start back but will not stay running and like I said sounds horrible..no knocking just extremly rough...then it dies. Wont idle unless I give it gas. Guess I can quit guessing cause its on its way to a repair shop. Just out of curiosity does this vehicle have a timing belt or chain? It's a 1999 Monte. Thanks guys for all your help!!
I'd venture to say belt, but I wouldn't bet my life on it. But I do know that if it was the timing belt/chain, it would not start up again. This is a sad reminder of how what seems to be a small problem can quickly snowball into such a serious one. I hope it all works out for you.

Old 08-30-2005, 09:03 PM

The repair shop called me said bad news it has a blown head gasket and it blew the bottom outof the motor....not 100% sure though till we look at it further. Few hours later good news it was just your fuel pressure regulator it broke allowed gas into the engine...so I said fix it..woohoo!!! Well few more hours later well we fixed it ran great BUT after fixing it because all the gas in the motor it caused the bearings to go out. After 5 minutes of nice smooth running the motor blew. UGHHH. So now I have a bad motor and a 275 repair bill. My dad says something dont sound right to him like why would it run so good then just boom let go. Who knows but thats all she wrote I guess, lol.

Old 08-30-2005, 09:06 PM

*** gas was mixing with the oil

Old 08-30-2005, 10:39 PM

The repair shop called me said bad news it has a blown head gasket and it blew the bottom outof the motor....not 100% sure though till we look at it further. Few hours later good news it was just your fuel pressure regulator it broke allowed gas into the engine...so I said fix it..woohoo!!! Well few more hours later well we fixed it ran great BUT after fixing it because all the gas in the motor it caused the bearings to go out. After 5 minutes of nice smooth running the motor blew. UGHHH. So now I have a bad motor and a 275 repair bill. My dad says something dont sound right to him like why would it run so good then just boom let go. Who knows but thats all she wrote I guess, lol.
I don't like that shop. They make a call to you telling you specifics ie: blown head gasket, blown bottom end of the motor. Why the hell would they pick up the phone to tell you that knowing that they aren't "100% sure though till we look at it further". That's BS. And what dipshytz they are for running the motor knowing that gas had gotten in there, we all know gas and grease don't mix. Did I mention I don't like that shop?

Well, at least you seem to be taking it well, sorry about what happened but I have a feeling this will be a blessing in disguise

Quick Reply: Help!