Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Have a Problem with your Monte ? Just Ask

Old 01-15-2007, 09:59 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Have a Problem with your Monte ? Just Ask

[align=center][/align][align=center]How Just Answer works

1. Ask a question.
Enter your question, and create a user account. You must activate the account by e-mail.

2. Name your price.
You can pay up front or wait until an expert answers. Prepaid questions are typically answered faster.

3. An expert answers, usually within hours.
Just Answer sends an e-mail notifying you when your question is answered or if an expert needs more information. Questions close after 24 hours of inactivity.

4. Accept the answer.
If you got great service, consider adding a bonus. Your acceptance pays the expert and tells us you’re happy.

That’s all. We guarantee your satisfaction.

Comments or questions? Ask us at info@justanswer.com

They are one of our Sponsors

Ask Your Chevy Question. Chevy Experts Answer You ASAP![/align][align=center]They charge you, just like a doctor. : ([/align][align=center]Has anyone used `justanswer.cars ?[/align][align=center]Please post, if you have.[/align][/align]
[align=center][:-]Click below link [:-][/align][align=center]http://www.justanswer.com/chevy.asp?r=gacar[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]`Space[/align][align=center][IMG]local://upfiles/714/B0383A773E7C4EDD95933DE115478712.gif[/IMG] [/align]

Old 02-22-2007, 12:09 AM
Default RE: Have a Problem with your Monte ? Just Ask

am i getting this right? they want u to PAY for asking a question bout my monte??????????????

FORGET that i could just ask my husband and go through the same process[:@]

Old 02-22-2007, 10:15 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

i guess its kind of a good idea...you dont have to take your car to a shop and pay them an hours labor to inspect your car...

good idea by them

Old 02-22-2007, 11:17 AM

ORIGINAL: wiz kidd

i guess its kind of a good idea...you dont have to take your car to a shop and pay them an hours labor to inspect your car...

good idea by them
If one of our talented Moderators or members can't help you with your
Monte Carlo problem, I think this is another venue to explore,
and I believe it's less expensive then a auto shop to get an answer.
Just Answer.com is one of our Forum's Sponsors
I've found it pays to do research & sometimes it cost.
Or you can do what Space does & try to fix it yourself.
and
This is what willhappen
[:-]
There goes my Monte [X(]

Old 02-22-2007, 07:29 PM

If someone brought their car into the dealership with a problem and they said it was diagnosed on the internet, I can almost guarantee they are not going to work on it without diagnosing it themselves. What happens when someone asks why their window won't work and someone tells them it is the window regulator. They go to the shop and say "I want a window regulator installed". They install it and it still doesn't work because the switch is bad.

A good shop will ask what makes the customer believe it is the regulator and then when they say someone on the internet told them, the shop will say "Let us take a look at it... there is a diagnosis fee of $xxx/hr."

Old 02-22-2007, 09:25 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Space here are also great free resources on groups.yahoo.com.

When I had my Cadillac, I would go on the Cadillac groups site at Yahoo and get great if not perfect answers to every single problem I had. Since Ihave good DIY capability, I saved thousands of dollars.

For InTheIroc, I understand what you are saying, but I guess I got lucky. On stuff I couldn't handle myself, I would tell the mechanic the exact problem.

At first he would always say that he needed to diagnose it anyways. After a while, hegave in to the factthat I had a great contact on the internet.

There are many excellent free car repair groups on Yahoo. Here is the link to one that has helped me many times on my other cars.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/...e/messages?o=1

Old 02-22-2007, 09:35 PM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: InTheIROC

If someone brought their car into the dealership with a problem and they said it was diagnosed on the internet, I can almost guarantee they are not going to work on it without diagnosing it themselves. What happens when someone asks why their window won't work and someone tells them it is the window regulator. They go to the shop and say "I want a window regulator installed". They install it and it still doesn't work because the switch is bad.

A good shop will ask what makes the customer believe it is the regulator and then when they say someone on the internet told them, the shop will say "Let us take a look at it... there is a diagnosis fee of $xxx/hr."
[/align][align=center]InTheIROC[/align][align=center]Hi Andy,[/align][align=center]Thanks for your post.[/align][align=center]I agree with your post and expertise as a Professional Certified Mechanic.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]But, unfortunately, not all shops are good, and honorable as the one where[/align][align=center]you perform your talented skills on your assigned vehicles.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I find it difficult, to find trusting shops that have the integrity [/align][align=center]in todays world of competition.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I think if one does not have a trusted place to have their vehicle[/align][align=center]worked on, then this `just ask is another alternative to[/align][align=center]explore and find a solution to their auto problems.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]If you have found a good shop, you are lucky : )[/align][align=center]If not, I believe that everyone has to do their research to[/align][align=center]make sure that they are not being taken advantage of.[/align][align=center]I read many post on the forums from members that have[/align][align=center]been ripped off of their hard earned money.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Thanks for reading my thoughts, I respect yours,[/align][align=center]Peace,[/align][align=center]`Space[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=left][b]

Old 02-22-2007, 10:26 PM

I'm all for researching car problems on the internet, but people must realize that not everyone on the internet knows what they are talking about. I'm on some Volvo boards and I don't even pitch in because some of these people are so sure they are right, there is no talking to them. So they continue to give out bad information and INSIST they are right because "they heard it" or "they read it somewhere". It's easy to be a keyboard mechanic. And when you are asking for help or guidence on a free website, that is one thing. But the moment someone pays for it, that is a different situation. If you pay for something at the store and it doesn't work, you return it. If you pay for an answer about your car, for example- the window problem I mentioned earlier. You pay for the answer and go buy a window regulator for the car and put it in yourself. Then, it still doesn't work. Now what? If you go to a mechanic, be it the dealership or an independent shop and they diagnose it and tell you it needs a regulator and that doesn't fix it, it is on them to get that car fixed.

Old 02-22-2007, 10:56 PM

I wouldnt pay cause for all i know the same questions that you get answered on there you can get answered right here just may take a little longer that is all.

Old 02-22-2007, 10:57 PM

sounds more like something ppl can use after the fact, when they think theyve been screwed over, to find out how likely it is that they have been.

all you can do without the car infront of you to look at, inspect or test... is guess and try to say whats most likely the problem. hard to think of paying for 'hey try this'. free sites like this are great for it though.

made me think ofa car i had the other day, 2001 grand prix gt 3.8 non supercharged, low cooland light on, checked coolant level, its full. i know the coolant level module in the radiator is bad just from that. replaced it fixed, out the door.... i've probly done that 50 times and if the coolants full, its allways the sensor.
.....but what if the car was wrecked last spring, chaffed the wires to the sensor somewhere and have just now corroded to the point that the circuit is open. i'd put a sensor in it wrongly, see the light is still on and then start testing, find the problem and fix it. if you paid for an answer youd be out the cost of the answer, the cost of the part, and your time working on it, and be nowhere.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Have a Problem with your Monte ? Just Ask