Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

guages

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 06:46 PM
Monte Of The Month - July 2005
Default guages

hey i saw someone do this on another car but i dunnno if it will work for mcs. you know how gay it is to drive around and look at dull green gauges i mean i like the lay out but that green is anoying. is it posible to change the bulb to get another color or is it like one of those glow in the dark things that you cant change

Old 05-29-2005, 08:08 PM
Default RE: guages

i belive you can look in your book on the car if it shows a blub there then yo can change them I think they might be leds on them not real sure i know the ones in the HVAC are leds for the lights int he buttons I have thought to change mine to red once.

But even if they are the leds they are not that hard to change out etheir just takes some time to do it.
untill TVM gives me my gugaes i wont know as i havent tore the dash on this one apart that far yet i hard wired my fuzz buster in to the car so i ran the wires under the dash pad to hide them so that they didnt look bad then changed it and wired them up by the rear veiw works great but over ehre you cant have them in your cars not that they would help anyway. so i had to put the short cord up in to the head liner to get it out of the way

Old 05-29-2005, 08:25 PM

I'm sure it's possible, but it could get real difficult depending on how it's setup. If it's just backlit, that's easy, replace the bulbs w/the color you want. They also have colored film you can place over the areas the light shines through. Did you ever think about getting reverse indiglo guages? That seems like an easier method

Old 05-29-2005, 08:26 PM

yeah but not for my wallet lol i could use that money for something that i couldnt do on my own

Old 05-29-2005, 08:29 PM

the guges like what im ordering here shortly and what TVM has are not to bad you can find them on Ebay for 50.00 or less just watch the auctions and make sure you read the description or you might end up with euro markings instead of the MPH numbers LOL
that will screw ya up
but they look sharp and are nice to see at night to. I know a few folks that have them in thier SRT-4's here,

Old 05-29-2005, 08:30 PM

ORIGINAL: big green dog

yeah but not for my wallet
you have a good point! Well, wish I could help, but im a Monte noob so good luck!

Old 05-29-2005, 10:15 PM

well its rainy here and when the humidity drops im taking apart my car again to paint a clear coat on the blue parts and im going to take the dash totaly apart and see what i can rig up. its my first summer with my car so i can spend all day playin around with her

Old 05-29-2005, 10:22 PM

dont for get to take photos for all of us

Old 05-29-2005, 10:40 PM

If I am not mistaken I think they were LED's.... I tore my cluster apart a couple of weeks ago jacking with my new gauges.

TVW

Old 05-29-2005, 10:47 PM

i love summer it gives me so much more time to mess around with my mc ill take plenty of pics maybe i can get a diy for it if that many people are interested just waiting for the rain to go away - by the way tvw the whole thing about not posting messages too soon is really anoying is there anything i can do bout it

Quick Reply: guages