Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Fuel Requirements

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 11:58 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Fuel Requirements

Ok I have tried searching everywhere but I can't seem tofind this. I am looking at purchasing a 2004 Monte Carlo Intimidator SS, and I was wondering what the octane requirement is for the L67 engine that the car has. This is probably going to be the deciding factor on the purchase of the vehicle because it will be a daily driver for a short time. Thanks

Old 09-10-2008, 12:19 PM
Default RE: Fuel Requirements

[align=center]Hi `Jason, from the SunShine State, and[/align][align=center]Welcome to the Monte Carlo Forum.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]The SS 3.8SC requires 93 Octane,[/align][align=center]but the EPA[/align][align=center]city is 18[/align][align=center]hwy 28[/align][align=center]Some member`s get better MPG if they can stop themselves[/align][align=center]from kicking down the Awesome SuperCharger [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Beloware a fewlinks to read more about the[/align][align=center]your year Awesome Monte Carlo SS[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z...nte_Carlo.aspx[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]http://consumerguideauto.howstuffwor...te-carlo-3.htm[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Lets us know what you decide, and tell us more about[/align][align=center]your limited production Monte Carlo Intimidator SS.[/align][align=center]I think a few pennies extra per gal., is worth `it to[/align][align=center]have a SuperCharged V6 Bulletproof 3800[/align][align=center]Good Luck[/align][align=center]from[/align][align=center]`Space[/align]

Old 09-10-2008, 12:54 PM

Dang that really stinks cause I know the new Cobalt SS supercharged can run on 87, but it is recommended with 93.I was hoping this was the case with this car. 93 octane here is about .30 more a gallon than regular and with the amount of milage I drive it would increase my fuel bill more than I think I would like. I am going to go look at it though and decide after I see it.

Old 09-10-2008, 03:35 PM

Hi `Jason,
I think once you see the Intimidator SS (`if it`s a clean one),
and your drive `it , you will want to own `it
The extra $4 or $5 a fill up won`t bother you @ all : )
Let us know what you decide.
Good Luck on finding your `DreamMachine : )

Old 09-10-2008, 04:55 PM

ORIGINAL: jason2982

Dang that really stinks cause I know the new Cobalt SS supercharged can run on 87, but it is recommended with 93. I was hoping this was the case with this car. 93 octane here is about .30 more a gallon than regular and with the amount of milage I drive it would increase my fuel bill more than I think I would like. I am going to go look at it though and decide after I see it.
Atleast you have 93, I've only got 85, 87, and 91 here, but it's only about a $.20 difference between Regular and Premium. Either way it sucks really.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:56 PM

Well I went to the dealer car was clean and very sharp. Only blemish on the car was the floor mat had a wear spot where the right foot would be. I am trying to purchase this car but GMAC sucks. I don't understand why everytime I try to finance through them its hassels. Ford all I have to do is walk in and pick out what I want, and I have never owned a Ford. Kinda messed up. Anyways I guess I will see how it goes tomorrow.

Old 09-14-2008, 01:47 AM

Well thanks to all that posted and yes you were right I drove it and bought it. I have had it a couple days now very happy with it so far.

Old 09-14-2008, 03:49 AM

Hi `Jason,
Congratulations on your purchase of your limited production
2004 Monte Carlo Intimidator SS.
[sm=happy046.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=happy046.gif]
The members, & I look forward to your personal review,
and also we hope that you take pictures, and post.
Wish you safe/happy/fun/fast miles in your Intimidator SS
EnJoy, you are one of the fortunate ones 4-Sure.