Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Front part of dash 04 Monte...

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 04:25 AM
Default RE: Front part of dash 04 Monte...

you can have the dash covers made that way at a good uposltry shop.

as far as the warping i have not see that on mine. mine looks the same it did the day i got it home.

but i think you have something way off in tehre unless they put the wrong year dash in and it is to tight so it is heating up and expanding to cause the warping but etheir way somethig is not right like i said they might have welded somethign funny or somethign else.

also remeber he monte carlos have that metal bracing behind the dash adn from wha ti have seen of it it looked like it was cast aluminum if that is the case it might be some casting that was left on it and it didnt get taken off or somthign.

I dotn know any dash i have seen like that has had a serious accident in teh frnt and cause things to get pushed back this is what i would think is causeing this but i dont think that your car has been it if it has and they didnt tell you about it you have a hell of a law suite on that one

Old 05-25-2005, 12:08 PM

The dash is fairly simple to remove, you'll have to remove the pillar molding, there are screws on each side holding everything together but the pad and rear plate just pop off and are held on by clips.

TVW

Old 05-26-2005, 04:37 AM

ORIGINAL: mickey

you can have the dash covers made that way at a good uposltry shop.
Now that I think about it, what good would it be to get a leather cover, I'd be in the same boat, getting the glare. Man, I must have been tired last night

Old 05-26-2005, 09:12 AM

LMaO

Old 05-27-2005, 12:58 AM

LMaO
It was late, leave me alone[8D]

I found a place close to my house that does custom dash covers, im gonna go check em out and see what different materials I can get one made it. I just don't want that carpet looking crap on my dash, ya know?

Old 05-27-2005, 08:25 AM

yeah i know i doint like it ethier

Old 05-27-2005, 12:33 PM

yeah i know i doint like it ethier
well, the place im going to is online too. I forget the name off the top of my head, but I'll get the url for you so you can check em out and think about replacing your rug, er, dash cover[8D]

Old 05-27-2005, 04:05 PM

lol i dont have one on my car LOL
but you knoe you might beabel to get it done in swead and it would not give a shine but still w uld be leather
jsut a thought
also comes in all kinds of colors and you could do a desine on it to

Old 05-27-2005, 11:39 PM

lol i dont have one on my car LOL
but you knoe you might beabel to get it done in swead and it would not give a shine but still w uld be leather
jsut a thought
also comes in all kinds of colors and you could do a desine on it to
twead or suede? I think you meant suede, right?

I bet that would be expensive. I'm gonna stop by the place tomorrow after I get my dual exhaust installed and I'll see what's up.

Old 05-28-2005, 06:23 AM

yep that is what i meant LOL.

hell beglad i would be having my dash done and also the incerts in my door pannels so that it would match.
but then i would more then likly go to tandy leaterh and see wha tit would cosdt to get enough to do it my self

Quick Reply: Front part of dash 04 Monte...