Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

6th Gen ('00-'05): Fast turn signals

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 09:31 PM
Default Fast turn signals

Hey everyone I'm having a hard time with my 2003 monte carlo ss. I feel I have ran out of options, my turn signals are ticking and lighting to fast. I have don't just about everything. I have replaced the Hazard switch, turn signal multifunction switch, every bulb is working as it should. Just in case I changed all the bulbs in the tail light housing. And also in the head light housing. And it's still no change. So I broke down and took it to the dealer and they said it was the Hazard switch. So I took the switch back to auto zone and exchanged it for another one thinking maybe it was bad. But to my surprise still no change the turn signals are still ticking fast. If anyone can think of something that would help I would appreciate it.

Old 06-19-2017, 08:45 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question

The only time I had an issue with these symptoms it was the Turn signal switch relay, they are a small round or rectangular metal thing that plugs into the fuse box someplace.
Or you got a bad bulb some place could be a side marker light bulb too.

Old 06-19-2017, 09:13 PM

Hey thanks for the reply man I did change the side makers also sorry I forgot to say that. And the switch Relay I'm having a hard time finding. Or understanding cuz I have been told that the Hazard switch is also the Relay making the ticking noise. If there is one in one of the fuse boxes can you help me find it I would really appreciate it.

Old 06-21-2017, 01:59 AM

I would guess they were part right and it wasn't the switch however I think and this is only a guess on something that I had worked out on my car. A bad ground wire somewhere in the circuit!?

This could be a bad wire under the carpet going to the trunk or bad ground at the light bulbs or even bad ground wire going into the hazard switch. That Ground wire is at Pin A. B and C are 12v inputs one for Blinkers (C)and the other is for hazards (B). H is the Input from the Multi Switch for the Blinkers Then F is for Left and G is for Right side. I have seen the systems act funny and pull ground from the switch or pull ground to the switch over other wires for making things work in the hazard/blinker switch it is a Logic control not like the blinkers and hazards of old.

Old 09-14-2017, 05:58 PM

The ground wire was loose my Monte at the driver side headlight assembly and was having issues with the fast turn signal and horn did not work. Does the fast turn signal happen on the left, right or both?

Old 09-15-2017, 10:16 AM

so i had to take it to the dealer and they did find a bad ground wire by the drivers side headlight. most likely missed that when i put in a new radiator... my bad also the hazard switch i replaced from auto zone was no good not once but 2 times... so prob not going there anymore for parts. thanks for the help everyone