Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 08:55 AM
Default exhaust

Has anyone seen these? how do you think they would look on an 01'? In body mount exhaust tips mounted behind the rear wheels on both sides. I saw them at stylinconcepts.com

http://www.stylinconcepts.com/parts..../categoryid/28

Old 05-09-2007, 09:45 AM
Default RE: exhaust

I have not seen them, but I wonder what the rectangular one would look like in front of the rear wheels, as low as possible (even into the ground effects if possible), like a NASCAR. Could always photoshop it up for you if you send a pic of the car.

Old 05-09-2007, 10:25 AM

So I sent an email to stylin concepts and this is what they told me...

It would take a lot of body work and you will need to check your inlet pipe. Most passenger vehicles have a 2.25” -2.5” exhaust pipe which means you would need to weld a larger pipe just to install this tip. It’s not impossible but it will take a lot of work

Would this be hard?

Old 05-10-2007, 12:19 AM

ORIGINAL: alesiter

So I sent an email to stylin concepts and this is what they told me...

It would take a lot of body work and you will need to check your inlet pipe. Most passenger vehicles have a 2.25” -2.5” exhaust pipe which means you would need to weld a larger pipe just to install this tip. It’s not impossible but it will take a lot of work

Would this be hard?

What did your email say that you sent? If you wanted this added to the monte, you would need to sawzall a hole in the rear quarters and slide these in.

Old 05-10-2007, 07:10 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

i would condisder doing them infront of the tire...you can mount them in there a little better and they wont melt plastic there cuz there's no plastic..

i'd love to see what they look like though