Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

EMERGENCY!!! EMERGENCY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 01:30 PM
Default EMERGENCY!!! EMERGENCY!!!

OH NO!!! MY CARS DEAD! I have no idea what happend with it. I was sitting at a stop light, right outside of work right? I have my subs turned up pretty well so their hitting hard. Well light goes green, I left off the break car begins to idle forward like all automatics do. Then when I hit the gas, THE CAR DIED!!! AH! I'm so frustrated. Its a 2000 LS. Everything electrical in the car works fine, gauges come on lights come on, radio comes on. So I thought hey, maybe I drained my battery, so I tried to jump it. . .no luck. So thinking the battery is dead, I pull it, take it to advance auto, and its got a full charge. So now I'm upset beyond belief because after pushing my car to my works parking lot, which sucked. Its stranded now. So then some friend from work thing it could be the starter or alternator. Could be possible. But not likely I'm assuming. Everything electrical is in working condition, everything mechanical isn't. When I turn the key to the ON position everything comes on. Then I turn it to start. . .it doesn't even CLICK over like its trying to start. So my friends son works for GM. Called him up at 9pm he said my security system locked up. GOOD ASSUMPTION. So he gave me a quick tip to fix it. . .well it didn't fix it. When the Key is ON, the security light comes on. So basically my car has shut itself down and I'm clueless as to what to do with a dead car. DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A SOLUTION TO RESET THE SECURITY!?!? I'M BEGGING TO GET MY CAR BACK I tried what my friends son told me, which is turn the key to ON for 10 minutes, then off for 30 sec. Then ON for 10 min. off for 30, and ON for 10 more. Then off for 30. Then try to start it. He said the PCM would relearn the security code. . .but it didn't. Its still got the engine basically locked down. I don't want to take it to the dealers since he works for GM. But our service manuel says to take to dealership.

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME? IF YOU'VE HAD THIS PROBLEM AND GOTTEN IT FIXED PLEASE HELP ME[sm=sigh.gif]

THANKS GUYS AHEAD OF TIME IF YOU CAN HELP ME. It would be GREATFULLY appreciated.

MonteriderLS

Old 08-31-2006, 03:49 PM
Default RE: EMERGENCY!!! EMERGENCY!!!

THIS IS RIGHT OUT OF THE g.m. SERVICE MANUAL FOR OUR CARS.
GOOD LUCK LET ME KNOW WHAT HAPPENS

[IMG]local://upfiles/265/37145F1639984117891DD949FB637735.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-31-2006, 03:53 PM

i had the same problem lol... make sure your monster cable hooked up to the positive source is tight and not touching metal... and it might be the starter..

Old 08-31-2006, 03:58 PM

see i was lucky when it happend to me it was not on my Monte but a frends we replaced the computer in LOL

He was frantic but we did finally get it worked out just took us doing it twice to get it figured out.

but now i have a code reader so i can cancel teh codes Makes life SOOOO much easier.

Old 08-31-2006, 04:15 PM

Thanks mickey. I'm going to try this when I get to work. I'm praying it'll work. I can't afford to replace my computer. . .

And whats the name of that manual? I'd like to invest in one. And a code reader too LOL Suggest any place to buy it from? or any brands?

MonteriderLS

Old 08-31-2006, 07:32 PM

I also had the same problem and as the black machine said you might want to check the cable to your battery from your subs because that is what happened to mine

Old 08-31-2006, 09:00 PM

the code reader i have is from Snap on but im sure you can ge tthem cheaper and also save some cash. mine is one for All GM i just have to buy the right modual for it when we buy a car.

the Man. is the factory set of Service manuals. they are a 3 book set. GM has a link on thier web site for it and also you can do a serch for them thre Googel and find them to. Just make sure they are FACTORY SERVICE MANUALS not Chiltons or that other crap.

I have them for mine and now the wifes NEon also. so if they fall apart i can at least get them back to geather when i have to LOL

Old 08-31-2006, 10:24 PM

ORIGINAL: mickey

the code reader i have is from Snap on but im sure you can ge tthem cheaper and also save some cash. mine is one for All GM i just have to buy the right modual for it when we buy a car.

the Man. is the factory set of Service manuals. they are a 3 book set. GM has a link on thier web site for it and also you can do a serch for them thre Googel and find them to. Just make sure they are FACTORY SERVICE MANUALS not Chiltons or that other crap.

I have them for mine and now the wifes NEon also. so if they fall apart i can at least get them back to geather when i have to LOL
Mickey, I thought you had a Hypertech???

Hypertech has been worth it's cost for me just from the point of being able to pull and clear codes.

Old 08-31-2006, 11:48 PM

Hey sorry to hear your having trouble. I will advise you to check on your Maxi fuse, a buddy of mine that had a 2005 Chevy Cobalt was running with me down the street and suddenly the car died the same way as yours when we were about to take off from a light. All the same symptoms, lights would come on, and battery had a full charge by the starter wouldn't even engage. The car was towed to the dealership, who ended up finding the maxi fuse fried, causing it to die. Let us know how you make out, and good luck!

Old 08-31-2006, 11:54 PM

Maxi fuse huh.... First for me, where was it located? One of the fuse panels?

Quick Reply: EMERGENCY!!! EMERGENCY!!!