Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

drls

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 11:55 AM
Default RE: drls

hey i found this on site not sure if it will work or not our cars
but it dose for the grand ams and prix. but they have now quit makeing them go figure but if GM holds true on this like most things this might be the same for all of thier cars.
If this is the case then yu can unplug this wire and it will turn them out and keep them out
If you would like you can wire a switch the same as they have here for your dlrs o be turned off and on at will Http://www.easypreformance.com/GP_switch/

Old 05-31-2005, 11:58 AM

http://www.zzperformance.com/product...c276e0e0a0d0fb

here is a better link i think might work better

Old 05-31-2005, 12:14 PM

with luck it will allow you to disabel the DLR's and leave the rest of the system intact to work as normal

Old 05-31-2005, 04:23 PM

I just called www.zzperformance.com (1-877-997-3736) and the person that designed that switch wsan't in. But, they said to call or e-mail www.easyperformance.com to see if it will work on our montes. I have e-mailed them before and was told it'll only work on the Gran Prix.[:'(]

Old 05-31-2005, 04:29 PM

go figure , LOL
this is going to drive me nuts LOL
Thanks for the help

Im ready to find the right wire in the fuse panel and take it out of the car. then let the ecm throw codes. it has got to have a away aroundit with out thowing a code.
and also the way it looks to my wire diagram is that it is onely a suplment circut and if it dont have power it should not hurt the rest of that circut. I just wish i knew more about wireing so i might beabel to disabel this thing. I will figure it out eventually

Old 05-31-2005, 04:32 PM

Grand Prix DRL Switch Description
The GP DRL Switch was developed to provide an easy and convenient way to enable and disable the daytime running lights on late model GM Pontiac Grand Prixs. For many other GM vehicles a different DRL Switch kit is required and many are currently under development by EPP (see New Development/GM DRL Switches to learn more about other DRL Switches under development). The DRL switch is mounted under the dash and in easy reach of the driver at any time. The switch functions by interrupting the reduced power sent to the headlights when the Body Control Module (BCM) is in daytime running mode. Since the switch is interrupting the lower power going to the headlights, it will NOT affect any other functions of the BCM nor the normal operation of the headlights. The DRL Switch is illuminated and lights up when the switch is passing low power to the headlights. I.e. The switch indicates when the DRLs are active and running.

Installation typically takes only 5 minutes to complete and does not require the use of any power tools. The included DRL Switch Mounting Plate can be bent to provide the driver a direct line of sight to the switch.

To determine if you can benefit from a GP DRL Switch
This Grand Prix DRL Switch has been determined to work on only the 1997-2003 Pontiac Grand Prix. For your vehicle to be compatible with this GP DRL Switch, your BCM must use a Diode Pack to modulate the power to the main headlights when the DRLs are active. The DRLs can be permanently disabled by unplugging the two wire connector to the Diode Pack. By doing so, the rest of the headlight control system is left in tact. The DRL Switch kit developed by EPP is designed to tap into the DRL circuit and interrupt the signal going to the Diode Pack. By having a switch, the driver can enable and disable the DRLs on the fly

To determine if your vehicle has a Diode Pack DRL system, simply look under the dash near the DRL Module, the BCM and/or the Headlamp Switch and see if you have a Diode Pack. The Diode Pack is a rectangular aluminum (possibly black anodized) component that has cooling fins. There will be two wires going to it. (Please see picture below.) If you have one, you can unplug the connector going to it to disable the DRLs or you can install a DRL Switch kit. If you can't find a Diode Pack, then a specific wiring diagram of the DRL system is needed to determine the most effective way to disable the system.

Does our cars have this diode pack? An if so where the "H" is it?[:@]

Old 05-31-2005, 04:41 PM

i tore my dash apart toniht to look for it and could not see anythign under there at all When my gages get here i will ahve the whole thing apart to put them in when this happens i will find it if it is there it wont be when im done.

I was looking for the same thing in our cars.
no luck so far

Old 05-31-2005, 04:48 PM

Someone on another forum noted that the Pontiac DLR's are different than our Monte's. This kit may not work...... But let's see what the folks at ZZP say..

TVW

Old 05-31-2005, 04:51 PM

yeah im sure they are diffrent,

From what i saw tonight im sure it is jst a matter of time we will figure this out LOL
i want to say i called that place once when i saw that befor and they told me they didnt make on for our cars,

Old 05-31-2005, 06:59 PM

ok lets analize this
we have tried to do the following
pullng a fuse (dont work)
pullng the dome light (didnt work for my car)
looking for a diode box (dont have one)
cutting a pin off the relay (didnt work)

have i missed anything that we have thought of?
on the other forum the guy siad try to cut the relay pin off and then turn your high beams on and it shoudl work but again i have not tried this as i dont have extra relay yet.

still looking for one of them but will figure this out
so if yo have a extra relay that you have tried to cut the pin off see if you put it in and turn on your high beams see if it will shut them damed things off
If so that means the ground is disrupted and all you would have to do is durring the day run your high beams on and a night turn them off this would allow you to have evrythign work like normal but the DLR;s
still looking on this issue i have found a wire diogram so hopefully i can get it figured out soon

Quick Reply: drls