Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

dic and heater fix!!

Old 03-18-2010, 02:42 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thumbs up dic and heater fix!!

Well i could be like the other hundreds of people out there, and not tell anyone what the fix is to the problem, when the cruise,dic,heater,ac,and some dash lights not working. but im not like them. But if this is happening to anyone that maybe reading this, dont listen to the people that say its the bcm or the pcm because its not, they just throw that out there because they "think" thats what it is. well i finally got fed up with those things happening to my car and i took it to the shop and sure enough it was the ignition switch. thats right no quessing thats what was tested and was going out. i really hope this will help someone out, that maybe doing some searching and comes across this.

Old 03-18-2010, 07:57 PM
Default sorry to burst the bubble

sometimes its the ignition switch sometimes its a bcm sometimes its a fuse or relay or any of the other modules in the car because they are all connected through a CAN BUS or computer data lines.

I once changed a rear liftgate module in a 2002 trailblazer that was the pure only reason that:
a: the truck wouldn't start.
b: the radio didn't work
c: it would randomly lock/unlock/flash the lights/honk the horn
d: ALL INTERMITTANTLY
and then for 3 days worked perfectly fine.

so telling people that its the only fix to replace the ignition switch for your problem is bad advise. and i would stop bad mouthing people who try to help even if they do send people in the wrong direction sometimes, all we can do without testing out the car in person is try to give advice from personal experiences.

Old 03-18-2010, 09:55 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Justin Knight
sometimes its the ignition switch sometimes its a bcm sometimes its a fuse or relay or any of the other modules in the car because they are all connected through a CAN BUS or computer data lines.

I once changed a rear liftgate module in a 2002 trailblazer that was the pure only reason that:
a: the truck wouldn't start.
b: the radio didn't work
c: it would randomly lock/unlock/flash the lights/honk the horn
d: ALL INTERMITTANTLY
and then for 3 days worked perfectly fine.

so telling people that its the only fix to replace the ignition switch for your problem is bad advise. and i would stop bad mouthing people who try to help even if they do send people in the wrong direction sometimes, all we can do without testing out the car in person is try to give advice from personal experiences.
I wasn't bad mouthing anyone, i was giving people advice from "my" personal experience, and if someone is having the same problems that i was having the 99.9% it is what i have had tested and replaced from a chevy dealer. and its not just a problem in monte's its a problem in grad prix,impalas,malibu's and theres more out there. and from my countless hours of searching the net and reading on the impala and grand prix fourms, the people that were having the same exact problems i was having that acually posted what the fix is was replacing a bad ignition switch. thanks for reading though