Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Damsel in distress

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 10:05 AM
Default Damsel in distress

My 2007 Monte Carlo LS will not start.. It has been draggin a start for a few days and now won't start at all. Makes a click noise but that's it. . Helpp plzzzzz 😖

Old 08-31-2015, 10:15 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

It sounds like the Battery to me. Classic sounds are the clicking noise you indicated. Sometimes the connections are also an issue, you could also use a jumper pack to see if it starts. Batteries that test less than 12 volts are an indicator that it is also lost its power. They say that Summer is just as stressful for the battery as the winter.
Check the date on it to see when it was last installed. Anything after 3 years and it may need to be replaced.
Hope that helps, good luck.

Old 08-31-2015, 12:15 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
It sounds like the Battery to me. Classic sounds are the clicking noise you indicated. Sometimes the connections are also an issue, you could also use a jumper pack to see if it starts. Batteries that test less than 12 volts are an indicator that it is also lost its power. They say that Summer is just as stressful for the battery as the winter.
Check the date on it to see when it was last installed. Anything after 3 years and it may need to be replaced.
Hope that helps, good luck.
X2

Old 08-31-2015, 12:32 PM

Ok thanks.. My brother said its the sum wires with a shortage

Old 09-02-2015, 08:53 AM

Ok it's not the battery... Could it be a fuse.. Turn the key once the radio and dash lights come on.. Turn it again everything goes off like complete power loss

Old 09-02-2015, 12:08 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
Smile

If its not the battery then I would check the battery connections check them at the battery end and where they connect with the starter or the grounding areas. If they are rusted or there is corrosion this will cause the problem.
Have you tried a jump start from another vehicle?
Sometimes if you wiggle the cables they may make contact also?
If there is a box that the cables attach to on the engine it should be near the battery, not sure if there is a fuse in there or not, but it sounds like you are getting power to the ignition area.
Can you try another battery that you know is good from another Car just to see, sometimes the testing equipment isn't always correct.

Old 09-02-2015, 12:12 PM

Yes I tried another battery to be sure still nothing... It's like once I wiggle the wires a little it will eventually start.. I'm going to get the wires checked today

Old 09-02-2015, 12:13 PM

Connections, clean every one with a wire brush.
After it's clean and working properly, a thin coating of Vaseline is a good idea.

Last edited by JohnnyCarlo; 09-02-2015 at 12:15 PM.