Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

6th Gen ('00-'05): Cruise Control indications stays on

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 05:39 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Cruise Control indications stays on

In the past month I noticed that the cruise control indication stays on at the start for over a minute before it cuts out. During that time the cruise control on/off doesn't respond. After a minute or so the indication goes off and the system works when needed, no problem. Happens occasionally (1 of 3, 1 of 4).

Any idea why this might happen?

Spring time in San Diego. Driving around with the windows down today.

Old 03-23-2016, 07:04 PM

Check the below link to see if they help you ?
Also check back to see what other member's post on your problem...Good Luck
Chevrolet Monte Carlo Questions - Im trying to figure out what is wrong with my 2001 chevrolet monte car... - CarGurus

Chevrolet Impala Cruise Control Units | eBay

Old 03-27-2016, 08:39 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2016
5 Year Member

Do you notice when the cruise stays lit up if either the blower doesn't work, or if the overhead driver info center is inoperable also?
Reason I'm asking, I had an 03 ss that did those symptoms at random. I noticed the cruise first, then blower, dic center overhead. Might do it once a week or once a month for a long time. Finally started being more common and knew just a matter of time before it do it non stop. Turned out to be bad ignition switch. Not the key cylinder, just electrical part.
Good news, not expensive, and can diy in 30 minutes or less.

Old 03-27-2016, 09:48 PM
5 Year Member

I replaced the ignition switch today! $65 at O'Rielly's. It took me three hours; 2 hours 45 min to take the molding off and on and 15 min to swap the switch. We'll know tomorrow if I did more damage than good. Some of those wires are awfully stiff. Everything was working when I finished a few minutes ago.

Old 03-28-2016, 07:02 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2016
5 Year Member

Lol, yea that molding is tricky to remove if you never did it before. But if ever you have to remove it again at least it you have it figured out.