Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Clear Corner bulb on projector headlights

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 05:44 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2009
Default Clear Corner bulb on projector headlights

I got tired of the amber blinker bulb in the inside corner of my 06-07 projector headlights,

So go to your local autoparts store and get a 3057 clear light bulb and replace the amber bulb with it, and you will have a clear turn signal.

Unscrew the bolt of the top of the light and take out the white clip and twist and turn the back of the turn signal bulb to get it out and replace the existing amber bulb with a 3057 bulb.

Then put the headlight back in and your done

I will post a pic soon and they do make a led 3057 bulb as well as clear corner bulbs that light up blue, search for 3057 bulb on ebay and you will see what I mean

I used sylvania clear bulbs but will be getting the chrome clear bulbs that light up blue instead.

The sylvania clear bulbs light up light amber and when they are on and when they areoff they are clear instead of amber.

Definatley a great 5-15 dollar cheap mod that you can do

Old 02-17-2009, 05:46 PM

Default RE: Clear Corner bulb on projector headlights

This also works with the stock headlights as well, same bulb 3057 clearand same procedure to install

Old 02-18-2009, 11:17 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

I was considering installing the Sylvania Silverstar turn singnal bulbs. they have a blue/purplish tint to them, but when they are lit they give off an amber light.

Installed on Neon.

I am interested to see what yours look like.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:48 PM

HERE ARE SOME PICS

OFF

ON

OFF

ON

Old 02-18-2009, 09:35 PM

is it illegal for you guys to have a "whitish/blue" blinking turn signal bulb in your state? because i used to have the clear turning signal bulb but didnt like the oem yellowish color it gave off so i got the piaa xtreme white and now it sort of matches my headlights looks good ^_^

Old 02-18-2009, 10:16 PM

Nice, I'll be doing this sometime. I wanna swap out the LEDs for white sometime this summer too, I hope.

Old 02-18-2009, 10:17 PM

The clear bulb I have right now isn't illegal and it lights up amber when on but is clear when off, I am happy with that

I have seen out herethat the cops use clear bulbs that don't turn to amber on their newimpalas

I will ask around to see if anybody has ever been hassled with bluish clear bulbs,

Old 02-18-2009, 10:20 PM

its super easy get the clear bulb that lights up amber by sylvania for 5 bucks for the set and your good to go GODBOT

The same bulb works for the stock headlights as well and will be clear when off and amber when on

Old 03-16-2009, 02:11 AM

Thanks for the tip Mavrick. I think I might go and get them sometime this week, finally, there will be no color other than black or white on my car...other than that one on the side...

Old 02-14-2010, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by MC730
is it illegal for you guys to have a "whitish/blue" blinking turn signal bulb in your state? because i used to have the clear turning signal bulb but didnt like the oem yellowish color it gave off so i got the piaa xtreme white and now it sort of matches my headlights looks good ^_^
I was wondering the same thing because I know in my state (Texas) your "turn signal" has too be either a blinking red or yellow. WHITE/BLUE,ETC. ARE ILLEGAL AS TURN SIGNAL'S IN TEXAS.

Originally Posted by mavrickf1613
The clear bulb I have right now isn't illegal and it lights up amber when on but is clear when off, I am happy with that

I have seen out herethat the cops use clear bulbs that don't turn to amber on their newimpalas

I will ask around to see if anybody has ever been hassled with bluish clear bulbs,
So when the bulb is off on your headlight's it appears clear? But when you turn your head light's on they light up amber (yellow)?
Cops use clear bulbs that don't turn to amber on their new impalas??? Wat do u mean? Most cops here in Texas have Impala's at least the new one's do. And i have never seen their turn signal stay white

Originally Posted by mavrickf1613
its super easy get the clear bulb that lights up amber by sylvania for 5 bucks for the set and your good to go GODBOT

The same bulb works for the stock headlights as well and will be clear when off and amber when on
I'm probably going to do that myself some time today or this week

Originally Posted by 1FastMonteCarloLT
Thanks for the tip Mavrick. I think I might go and get them sometime this week, finally, there will be no color other than black or white on my car...other than that one on the side...
LoL that's the same thing I was thinking. I'm going for the black and black with some white theme LMFAO

Quick Reply: Clear Corner bulb on projector headlights