Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Car wont start...WTF!!!...FIXED

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 07:45 PM
Default Car wont start...WTF!!!...FIXED

Ok everybody, it breaks down like this...
My beloved new 07 MC SS, with a whopping 767 miles on it, is currently sitting awkwardly in my driveway. I was backing out of my garage earlier this evening when my car just died. I'm getting a "Service Traction Control" as well as "Service Brake Assist" on the DIC. WhenI turn the key...nothing. Alllights, radio, windows, AC, etc are working fine.A similar thing happened the other day at my local grocery store, but it started right back up so I chalked it up to "one of those things." Well I guess it wasn't. Thankfully it happened in my driveway, not when I was in Tampa (35 miles away) earlier today.
Well it will go to the dealership tomorrow. Hopefully it will be something fairly simple & easily resolved.
I will keep y'all posted.
Cheers,
Glenn

Old 05-14-2007, 07:58 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: Car wont start...WTF!!!

sorry to hear, hopefully they get your car fixed...i would make sure they know how pissed off you are for the inconvenience and that you want something for free...

Old 05-14-2007, 08:11 PM

thanks for the supportjosh. i'll hold off from being pissed off until i see how they handle the situation. i'll give them the ol' benefit of the doubt before i get medieval on them. thoughi might try to go the 'get something for free' route

cheers,
glenn

Old 05-15-2007, 06:36 AM

Hi Glenn,
I'd really be pissed [:@]
Did you try disconnecting the battery and letting the cars computer
reset ? I think you should be compensated for your lost
time and troubles. A free tank of gold (gas) would be nice.
Please let us know, what the problem was.
Good Luck,
`Space

Old 05-15-2007, 07:46 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

at the price of gas right now that would be a great compensation

Old 05-15-2007, 11:52 AM

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

[align=center]Hi Glenn,[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I'd really be pissed [:@][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Did you try disconnecting the battery and letting the cars computer [/align][align=center]reset ? I think you should be compensated for your lost[/align][align=center]time and troubles. A free tank of gold (gas) would be nice.[/align][align=center]Please let us know, what the problem was.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Good Luck,[/align][align=center]`Space[/align]
'Space,
Good idea on the battery, though I did not think of it.Even if I had thought to disconnect/reconnect the battery I stillwould've brougth the car into the dealer. Obviously there is something freaky going onwith it. I truly hope they figure out what is causing the problem & don't just resetit & call it good.It is in the shop as we speak & I'm still waiting to hear from them. I will keep everybody posted.
I'll push for the free tank of gas

Cheers,
Glenn

Old 05-15-2007, 12:03 PM

ORIGINAL: wiz kidd

at the price of gas right now that would be a great compensation
yeah I'm sure they'll fight on giving me a free tank. I might have a better chance of getting new wheels[sm=insomnia.gif]

Old 05-15-2007, 12:08 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

I know that when my "service traction control" went on the remote start disabled. Probably an intentional feature.

There was a TSB and they replaced the pcm for that. I wonder if your pcm is gone or an intentionalfeature not to start when your brakes show codes.

Old 05-15-2007, 12:17 PM

ORIGINAL: SolaraSlayer

I know that when my "service traction control" went on the remote start disabled. Probably an intentional feature.

There was a TSB and they replaced the pcm for that. I wonder if your pcm is gone or an intentionalfeature not to start when your brakes show codes.
S-Slayer,
That is good information. I'll be sure to inquire about it at the dealership. And I'll be sure to pass on what I find out.

Cheers,
Glenn

Old 05-15-2007, 04:25 PM

Actually something silly that happend with mine, was the battery was on the verge of dying even though it was brand new. Hence the reason I chistianed it Christine as it seemed possessed.

Once the battery was swapped everything worked great. Also all internal options worked as well, just wouldn't start.

Quick Reply: Car wont start...WTF!!!...FIXED