Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Blower Motor!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 06:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Blower Motor!!!!!

Well my blower motor was making a high pitch squeel so I pulled it out last week and decided to give it a shot of lube until I could get one ordered. I noticed when I pulled it out that it had made in Korea on the housing. I thought to myself "well thats about right 73K miles and it's toast. I gave it a couple of shots of Zep and it did quite her down.

Well I orderd one on Sunday went down to pick it up today and noticed on the box that it was made in the USA. I was proud no less that an aftermarket part was actually made in the good old USA..

Much to my suprise when I opened the freaking box the sticker on the blower motor said made in Vietnam! Needless to say I was pissed and Delphi can kiss my butt. I guess the only thing that was made in the USA was the Freaking Card Board Box!!!!!

Ain't that a kick in the ***!!!

Old 08-12-2008, 08:39 PM
Default RE: Blower Motor!!!!!

thats pretty funny but, very very sad at the same time.

Old 08-18-2008, 06:19 PM
10 Year Member

Well I got off work today and decided to put the blower motor in. Fortunantly this is a very easy project. Took the old one out and had the new one installed within 10 minutes. My first thought was "wow that was easy". Then I went to turn it on. Nothing absoulutly nothing happened no matter what position the switch was in. Removed the panel pulled it out tried messing with the connection and nothing! Put the old one back in and it worked. Buckeled everything back up and went back to the Zone. The first thing the guy tells me is that is not ours. After explaining to this idiot that he was the one that ordered it and gave him the reciept he agreed it was theirs and said it will be in on Friday.

Well I will update you on the progress (I hope) this weekend. Just as I expected in my first post about this made in Vietnam was not very impressive to me and this pretty much settles my thoughts!

By the way when you change one of these make sure you have a 5.5mm 1/4" drive socket. I am fortunant to have the half size metric socket set saving me another trip to the store.

Old 08-20-2008, 03:28 PM
10 Year Member

Ok this really blows. Got the new blower motor installed today and it worked. The only problem is it still has that high squeeling sound. It works in all positions just screams / squeels a little louder as you step the power up to it. Tried to adjust the screws in the mount by looseing them a little while it was running and it made no difference.

Any suggestions??????????????????