Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Bad Saturday :(

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 01:00 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thumbs down Bad Saturday :(

So I had a bad day yesterday drove my SS and put 91 octane in it, thats all I could find. Anyway I was at O riellys and picked up a leather steeringwheel cover with red stiching to match the car for ten bucks rather than 35-50ish or more for a wheelskin, love the look of the wheelskin just not ready to spend that much yet, anyway started my car and went to back up started kinda chuggin idlein low and stuff so had to shut off and restart it and move it back into a spot. O Riellys read the code for free and came up with the front 02 sensor so I said ok go ahead and replace it I wille at at pizza ranch (which is right next door) and pick it up when its done, well just my luck they check and they are out of stock for that sensor, so I ended up driving it home and have to get it fixed monday it sux work 7 days in a row wanted to enjoy my SS and the sensor blows anyway my question was does anybody think that I could also need a new CAT wasnt sur ebut thought I'd have them check it in case.

Old 08-21-2011, 01:21 PM

..Sorry to read about your prob I would get the cat checked when you take it back...It's better to be safe, then sorry...Don't feel to bad, your own a SuperSuper Monte & it will be so much more fun to drive when it is fixed...
Wish it was mine for sure...
+ you got PIZZA and U have a `Job (many don't) Wish you better days `off 2 EnJoy your Monte's 4-Sure....
See, things really aren't that bad : )....they can always be worse 4-Sure .....

Old 08-21-2011, 01:45 PM

Thanks Space and of course I will enjoy her when shes fixed, I guess I knew the sensor was going to go bad anyway the rear o2 was replaced so the front one was bound to be next. Plus I'm driving my DD my LS anyway so I guess its all good, the LS needs attention too. I got Smokey (my LS) with 78k and shes now at 81k with no problems yet

Old 08-21-2011, 01:53 PM

...Thanks for your reply and I'm sure that you will really enjoy when you get her back from the Auto Doctor...
WoW, 2 Black Monte's + a job + Pizza
U R a Lucky Man 4-Sure : )
Wish you SuperSuper fun miles in both your rides...
Hope we see you more often on the MCF
EnJoy your SunDay/FunDay

Old 08-21-2011, 01:58 PM

Lol actually only my supercharged one is black the LS is grey. Thanks and I hope I can still visit the site as much when I get back to work more often. Will for sure always be checking in

Old 08-21-2011, 02:03 PM

Sorry , but you should paint it BLACK LOL
Oh, I like the SuperCharged Monte most
Thanks for your post & activity....We like `it & so do our sponsor's....Visit them when you have time...They know when we click : ) Without them, we would not `be ...Then where would we `go ?
"Back 2 a Empty Space " ~>

Old 08-21-2011, 03:30 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. My Saturday wasn't the greatest either. I took my Monte in for a check up and by the time everything was cut and dried the bottom line was $956. My warranty covered most of it, so only $125 was out of pocket, but it was still money I wasn't anticipating having to spend. Black Rain probably got jealous because you were driving Smokwy and is now demanding attention. I'm sure it will be back up and running as good as ever in no time though.

Old 08-21-2011, 07:50 PM

Lol Black Rain will be pretty sad then when he gets put in a storage shed for winter, but its all for the best smokey gets more attetion due to I don't want the miles racked up on my SS. So what did you monte need that cost that much! Thats a lot. I'm hoping my tannys are both good in both cars since I heard there are sometimes problems with them. My SS is tight and shifts great. Sometimes the LS feels a little looser if that makes any sense but I'm glad it had a new head gasket when I got it since its a 3400.

And space I would love to paint my LS black lol, but I'm kinda digging the smoke grey because theres not many around here that is anyway. She need the dents removed and then I'm getting the paint touched up after winter and she will look pretty dang good for a winter car.

Old 08-21-2011, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Monte04LS
Lol Black Rain will be pretty sad then when he gets put in a storage shed for winter, but its all for the best smokey gets more attetion due to I don't want the miles racked up on my SS.
I say rack up the miles on the SS and enjoy the heck out of it. I'm over 214K now - been driving it since my wife got a new Impala to commute in. She put 170K or so of those miles on there herself. Outside of a couple sets of brakes (she used them more than I did for certain), seven or eight front hub assemblies, an alternator, a battery, and new quick struts it hasn't been an expensive car to keep up (it's an '03). I *CHOSE* to do an L67 swap in last year when I started to feel an issue with the trans - probably the 1-2 shift solenoid was shot and what I was feeling was it slipping. Found an L67 with trans and took the front axles as well from a car with 49K miles on it. That was almost $5K for everything plus the installation, but it was well worth it. The SS had 196K on it at the time, so the "new" motor et al is sitting with about 67K miles now - I should be good for a while!

Old 08-22-2011, 06:19 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Monte04LS
So what did you monte need that cost that much! Thats a lot.
They replaced both front wheel hubs, both outer tie rods, then aligned the front end.

Quick Reply: Bad Saturday :(