Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

anyone who uses a tape to play thier ipod neede!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 10:37 PM
1 Year Member
Default anyone who uses a tape to play thier ipod neede!

ok, i bought a tape that plugs into the headphone jack on my ipod touch. i put the tape in and it plays fine, it will usually play 1 minute or less and stick the tape back out and say chk tape. and once in a great while it will leave the tape in and keep playing, does anyone else have this problem? am i doing something wrong or is my tape player on my cd player junk? or is it just thinking that the tape is broken and spitting it out.. plz help

Old 06-19-2010, 04:48 PM

No responses on this one huh? Personally I'd return it and get another one - sounds defective. The cassette adapters (not really "tape" since there isn't actually tape in them, right?) have been around for decades and generally work well. Unless there is something specific about your deck, it sounds like the adapter isn't lining up with either the head or the cassette sensor in the deck.

Old 06-19-2010, 06:17 PM

I use one of these cassette adapters in my work van so I can listen to my Zune.....if I run the wire inside the channel along the edge of the tape like i'm supposed to it doesn't work right, makes alot of clicking noises and causes the audio to be noticeably off balance to one side or the other. But if I was to hold the cassette as if I was going to put it in the deck, with the wire on the end closest to the deck, and then run the wire along the bottom face of the cassette and put it in the deck it works fine. I'm sure it just has something to do with alignment of some sort.

Old 06-23-2010, 12:12 AM

@ 04MonteLS
I bought a cheap cassette ipod connector for $4 Off ebay (BAD MOVE of course...lol). It broke and I said forget this, So I went to Walgreens (local store here in Chicago, IL...Not sure what state or city your from) and bought a "Maxwell" cassette ipod connector, it did EXACTLY the samething your describing now. So, I took it back since it costed me $24 and went to Radio Shack and bought me a $17 Connector. It has been working perfectly since then. Since I don't have no tints nor no GARAGE to park my car in, I have to rely on my factory HD for easy comfort with my subs in the back...lol

You just have to shop around for the right connector or maybe your cassette is bad (like kc2kth said dealing with no one uses cassette players no more.) Im just waiting for mines to CROAK and then I will change the WHOLE HD.....LOL

Old 06-23-2010, 01:36 AM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by rgant_19
@ 04MonteLS
I bought a cheap cassette ipod connector for $4 Off ebay (BAD MOVE of course...lol). It broke and I said forget this, So I went to Walgreens (local store here in Chicago, IL...Not sure what state or city your from) and bought a "Maxwell" cassette ipod connector, it did EXACTLY the samething your describing now. So, I took it back since it costed me $24 and went to Radio Shack and bought me a $17 Connector. It has been working perfectly since then. Since I don't have no tints nor no GARAGE to park my car in, I have to rely on my factory HD for easy comfort with my subs in the back...lol

You just have to shop around for the right connector or maybe your cassette is bad (like kc2kth said dealing with no one uses cassette players no more.) Im just waiting for mines to CROAK and then I will change the WHOLE HD.....LOL
i got a name brand one. it works if i continusly change songs, but if i leave it idol while one song plays. it will spit it out like it sat idol too long . and im going on a road trip to iowa and would like that to work for the trip down there.

Old 06-23-2010, 01:39 AM
1 Year Member

made by scosche... name brand

Old 06-23-2010, 08:07 AM

Well I didn't come across the brand you have but I know I don't have a name brand. Like you, I thought the name brand I had (Maxwell) was gonna work with no problems and come to find out, it didn't. If you have the Radio Shack Store in your area, they might can help.

Even though you would think the name brand products would work for the connections and they don't. SMH!

I think I lucked up big time...lol

Old 06-23-2010, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by rgant_19
@ 04MonteLS

I'd wear my earbuds before I'd pay $17 for a cassette adapter, haha. I paid like $7 for mine at WalMart, once I figured out the trick with the wire it's been fine.

Old 06-27-2010, 11:36 AM

I paid 5 dollars for one at dollar general and it lasted me two years or so from about Aug 2007 to about Late 2009 and the wire started to short so I had to move my Ipod around left and right to find the right spot. Spent 11 at walmart and that ones working just as good as the other did

Old 06-28-2010, 09:45 PM
1 Year Member

haha. i fixed it....
none of the problems as stated above though. there was quarter in there and it must have not let the tape sit in right and set off a sensor or something. i tipped the radio over and i dug out the quarter. all is well!

Quick Reply: anyone who uses a tape to play thier ipod neede!