Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Airbags

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 01:18 PM
Default Airbags

So, I've got my6-week oldSS in the shop for the 2nd time today because the airbag system is malfunctioning. The warning light on the dashboard just flashes on and off and when someone sits on the passenger side the airbag light says the system is off. The funny thing is that last night the passenger side read both on and off... guess it couldn't make up it's mind. So far I've been told that the airbag system is not communicating with the dashboard so they may or may not deploy if involved in a collision (or they may activate for no reason at all - that would suck). According to Georgia lemon laws, they have 2 attempts to fix this type of problem then it qualifies for the lemon law. That would be a shame since it's hardly broken in yet, but don't want to drive an unsafe car.

Has anyone else had this same problem?

Old 04-03-2007, 04:14 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: Airbags

your module is right underneath the passanger seat and most likely whats going on is they didn't tuck the wires in properly and when someone sits on that seat its pinching something...the seat comes out with 2 bolts on the back then it just lifts out...then you'll see a whole cut in the carpet with wires near it..and thats where the module is...it is possible that you have a defective one though too

Old 04-04-2007, 01:38 PM
Default RE: Airbags

My module is under neath the driver seat, I had the problem. Fortunately I didn't have to pull the seat out, just one wire was coming loose so I forced it back in and then wedged the harness back up into the seat and I haven't had the problem since...