Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Air condition blows cold on one side???

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 04:47 PM

No problem man, first time i ever really used a forum you guys were alot of help.

Old 07-05-2010, 07:04 PM

hahah wow thats weird! so it was just a low on freon? I put one of my guages and it was in the blue zone but right at the bottom of it. If i would have gotten serious and put my real guages on I guess i would have caught that. sorry man. So much of a head ache but wouldn't think that would be the cause bc the other side was fine. But it does make sense. So all I need to do is add freon about a lb you said? just want to verify. Thanks

Old 07-06-2010, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by BHermes21
hahah wow thats weird! so it was just a low on freon? I put one of my guages and it was in the blue zone but right at the bottom of it. If i would have gotten serious and put my real guages on I guess i would have caught that. sorry man. So much of a head ache but wouldn't think that would be the cause bc the other side was fine. But it does make sense. So all I need to do is add freon about a lb you said? just want to verify. Thanks
yup the mechanic told me yesterday you cant properly check the level with just the one gauge. so two weeks of head ache to just add a lb of freon. i was riding with my fan on 2 yesterday in 100 degree temps, that's how cold its blowing. i guess my next step is to find the leak. cause it has to be one for that lb to be needed, but maybe i'll wait till next year

Old 06-10-2011, 02:38 PM
Default leak

i have the same issue and decided to search before i start tearing into stuff at 100 degrees in the shade...I have a leak at the low side service valve...i tried to tighten up the schrader valve but it is just not sealing any better...
Anyway use a spray bottle with soap water in it, spray on all the fittings and watch for bubbles..the high and low side service valves seem to be susceptible to leaks..GL

Old 06-11-2011, 09:09 PM

I am having the same exact issue on my 2002 SS. I am so glad I found this thread. I actually just had the A/C system serviced because when I bought the car the A/C didn't work. They guy who charged it said it was low but not empty and it has been working great until like a week ago. Then my drivers side started being warm and my passengers side was as cold as ice. I have taken it back to try and find a leak and they haven't found one but there has to be one because if there wasn't the freon would not have been low in the first place. So I guess I will have to take it back to get it checked and charged again. Hopefully enough leaked out that they can find the leak this time.

Old 12-05-2011, 04:14 PM

I'm having the same problem but with the heater. The heat only comes out the passenger side. It doesn't matter where I set it to blow from. Dash, vents, or floor. What really is nerve racking is that the seat warmer only works on the passenger side also. So passengers are nice and toasty and I end up with frost bite.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:31 PM

what is the problem when a/c blows cold on passeger side only on my 2003 monte carlo ss

Old 05-27-2014, 03:21 PM

well this seems to be a common problem. on many gm models too. google it. i have been working on mine for 2 years and i believe its the module thats bad.

Old 07-13-2020, 05:48 AM
Default My solution

Somewhere i read when GM cars with dual controls get low on Freon it causes one side to be cool and other not. That’s exactly what happened with my 03. Added Freon and worked fine. But had a leak and when low again the issue reappeared. Got leaks fixed and it’s bee fine since

I know this is old thread but maybe itll halo someone. I was using for reasearch when having my problem

Last edited by Frenchwg; 05-31-2024 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Clerical wrror