Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Air condition blows cold on one side???

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 05:56 PM

ok i used the pick and just took my dash apart and found the actuactor. i took it off and that actuator actually controlled the passenger side. is there a second actuater somewhere for the driver side vents? nothing was wrong with that one once off i move the temp controlls and watched the motor turn.

Old 06-28-2010, 09:58 PM

they might be on the same actuator. or seperate ones. take it off and look at the back of the actuator and at the box and see if it controls one door or two. i never got to disasembling my car today because ive been preparing it for my road trip this summer. if i get time tomorrow ill look deeper into that area.

Old 06-28-2010, 11:52 PM

Did you read my post I already changed the controls and nothing happened. dont waste your time. There has to be 2 actuators to control one for the passenger and one for the driver but i could be wrong. when I looked at the cheap hynes manual its showed 2 actuators.

Old 06-29-2010, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by BHermes21
Did you read my post I already changed the controls and nothing happened. dont waste your time. There has to be 2 actuators to control one for the passenger and one for the driver but i could be wrong. when I looked at the cheap hynes manual its showed 2 actuators.
YEAH IT'S TWO. THE ONE UNDER THE PASSENGER SIDE DASH IS FOR THE PASSENGER VENTS. WHEN YOU MOVE THE HOT AND COLD **** FOR PASSENGER VENTS THAT ACTUATOR TURNS. WHEN YOU MOVE THE ONE FOR THE DRIVER SIDE NOTHING HAPPENS. I THINK I FOUND THE DRIVER SIDE ACTUATOR LAST NIGHT BUT I DIDN'T TRY TO TAKE IT OFF DUE TO IT GETTING DARK. IT SEEMS WAY HARDER TO GET TO COMPARED TO THE PASSENGER'S SIDE. IT'S ON THE DRIVER SIDE ONCE YOU TAKE THE BOTTOM OF THE DASH APART BUT IT'S PRETTY HIGH UP THERE AND BURRIED BEHIND WIRES. IM GONNA TRY TO GET TO IT TODAY.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:14 PM

Thats good to know! good find. let me know if you find anything else. Im going to look at my car in a little bit and see when its going to be done so I can help on this.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by bhermes21
thats good to know! Good find. Let me know if you find anything else. Im going to look at my car in a little bit and see when its going to be done so i can help on this.
i'll appreciate that i even just went and purchased the haynes repair manual for my car at advance auto and the actuator isn't even in the book anywhere what luck

Old 06-29-2010, 03:32 PM

that might be the controll mode door to controll of it blows in the upper vents or the lower vents or both. might want to move the blower on feet then head. to see if that moves before you spend the time to take it off

Old 06-29-2010, 05:16 PM

ok ill check it out now. i also noticed if i move the hot and cold *** for the driver side the actuator has to be moving some cause the temperture does change just not as cold as it should is it possible for the actuator to move the door and just not move the door far enough? or when it breaks does it stop working completely?

Old 06-29-2010, 06:06 PM

i found it but its pretty hard to get to. gotta go grab a small ratchet. i don't think nothing is wrong with the actual actuator i think the door it self might be stuck and not opening all the way in the cold direction. as i hold my finger on the part that turn and go from hot to cold i fill a bind as the motor try's to spin so the blend door can open. hopefully once i get it off i can try to turn the **** my self to make the door open fully

Old 06-29-2010, 07:56 PM

whelp!!! took off the actuator to find that the blend door was fully opening. and functioning properly. i even tried to turn the door with my hand and plyers the door is fully opening. but wht i noticed now is that when i start the car up the air is cool on both sides then after about ten seconds the driver side starts to warm and if i cut the car off and start it back up it starts out cool again and goes warm even while holding the door in place to make sure it isn't closing. is it possible that i could be low on freon after all?

Quick Reply: Air condition blows cold on one side???