Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

AC don't work

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 11:22 AM
Question AC don't work

AC is not working, its nothing but hot air that comes out. what can I do about that?

2004 Monte Carlo LS

Old 03-05-2011, 11:57 AM

Welcome to the Monte Carlo Family.
Sorry to read that you are having problems with your A/C
Check back to see what our Expert Tech member's post ?
How long have you had your Monte ? How many miles on your Monte ? Have you ever had problems b-4 with your Monte ? Has your A/C ever been serviced ?
Also, please check our MCF Search engine for subject(s) of interest...
Below are a few links to explore, until one of our Experts replies to your thread question/problem...Good Luck

How to Fix Your Car's Air Conditioner - wikiHow

Nov 4, 2010 ... Leaks are easy to spot but not easy to fix without pulling things apart. ... Start the car, turn on the AC and look under the hood. ...
www.wikihow.com/Fix-Your-Car's-Air-Conditioner - Cached - Similar

Auto Air Conditioner Blowing Warm Air, Not Cooling

a/c ducts not blowing cold air, warm air only . Is you car's air ... If so, the compressor is working and the A/C system probably contains enough ...
www.aa1car.com/library/ac_no_cooling.htm - Cached - Similar

Troubleshoot Automotive Air Conditioning Problems

Most newer passenger car A/C systems do not hold much refrigerant (14 to 28 ...
www.aa1car.com/library/ac98.htm - Cached - Similar

Show more results from aa1car.com

Car Air Conditioner Not Working or is Weak

Car Air Conditioner Not Working or is Weak. Improve the 2CarPros.com experience for everyone by voting and sharing! Air conditioning facilitates the removal ...
www.2carpros.com/.../car-air-conditioner-not-working-or-is-weak - Cached

Old 03-06-2011, 10:11 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You could always buy yourself a recharge kit and try that. But usually that could mean you have a leak and you would need to get it pressure tested and find the leak.

Old 03-07-2011, 12:27 AM
Question

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
You could always buy yourself a recharge kit and try that. But usually that could mean you have a leak and you would need to get it pressure tested and find the leak.
I was looking at the recharge kit, how how do I do it? where do I connect it?

Old 03-07-2011, 04:33 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I don't know where the connection is on the 3400 engine. Perhaps someone else could help you there. But the directions are on the can that you buy and it's not that difficult.

Maybe you can get a Haynes Manual for your car AND the recharge kit. Should help you out a lot.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:34 PM
Default Too late?

I just charged mine. The Low pressure fill connection is a black twist off cap. Its located on 3/4" aluminum piping(silver)(and usually cold with condensation), just to the left of the brake booster at the back of the engine bay.

The cooler the engine bay, the less likely you are to get your forearm burn trying to get to the connection. From experience.

Good Luck.

Old 04-12-2011, 12:53 AM

you do realize its a closed system and if it just all of a sudden blows hot air then theres obviously a leak so all recharging is going to do is put all of the new freon back into the atmosphere.. and waste the $50 u just spent, find the leak before recharging

Old 04-12-2011, 07:56 PM

X2 on wasting the $$$. It's possible that it's electrical but don't count on it. To test the compressor clutch pull out the a/c relay and jumper between terminal 87 and 30 in the fuse block. The relay will have a small picture on it and the terminals will be labeled in the plastic at each spade on the relay. If the clutch works you will hear a click and the compressor will start working. With the engine off it's easier to hear the click if the clutch works. With the blower going feel if the air gets colder at all, don't run the relay jumpered like that with the engine running for more than 2 minutes or it could damage the circuit or compressor internals.

The a/c system should be factory filled with UV dye in the a/c oil. Get a good bright UV light and a pair of yellow lens glasses and look for a flouresant green stain on the condenser and all other a/c parts mainly connection fittings and the edges and corners of the condensor.