Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

4th Gen ('81-'88): 84 monte

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 08:04 AM
Default 84 monte

Hi,

My husband has a 84 monte carlo LS and I am trying to get some parts for him without him knowing (for his birthday) and I was wondering if someone could help me out? I was looking at getting him better head lights, and I know that the outer ones are the low beams and the inner the high beams. If I was to get a new assembly would I just get 4 to swap all of them or just the 2 for the low beams? Does that make sense? Ha ha, thanks so much!!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
monte carlo.jpg (67.5 KB, 4 views)
Old 02-20-2014, 08:33 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Jenny:
Welcome to the forum.!
Nice Looking Monte!
Actually on that model year, Your able to replace each one individually VS complete assembly's.
So, I'm guessing he has 1 that's burned out?
I'm not exactly sure what your trying to accomplish.
However, Most any and all auto parts should have the lights(Bulbs) you need as far as replacing them... I know when I had that same Model year I use to run the normal white light bulbs in the low beams... and then for the high beams I would use yellow fog lights for the high beams.... Kinda gave it a different look as well as functionality... I use to live off the lake so many mornings it was quite foggy in our neighborhood...

Hope this helps!
I know those of us here in Michigan that live around the Great Lakes...fog can always be an issue.
So, I would venture a guess to say if you don't live in an area of the Great lakes or if fog isn't really an issue... I would just get the original Replacement head lights!

There's so many Great people here as well as Great Information.
Should you feel the need for any further assistance please feel free to call upon on us for help! That's why were here!
Also feel free to join the conversation in the Members Daily Blog! Just drop in and say hi or let us know how your day is going! its open to all our Members!

Thanks for joining the MCF Family!