Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

2006 MC SS Battery

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 08:42 AM
Default 2006 MC SS Battery

What is another battery that can fit in my MC SS, none of the places near me have the AC Delco, and non of the Auto parts stores have a direct fit, What batteries have you guys used

Old 07-09-2010, 12:00 PM

have you tried walmart, or sears? if not you might have to go to a dealership to get one.

Old 07-09-2010, 12:18 PM

the factory delco battery is junk. most guys switch to the optima red top i believe that the number is 35. if you go to there site they have a fitment guide and dealer locations. it def goes in alot easier then the delco.

Old 07-09-2010, 04:09 PM

Autozone?

Old 07-11-2010, 05:46 PM

def go optima red/yellow top dude! they are pricey but absoloutely worth it

Old 09-24-2010, 01:52 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Alright guys PLEASE help me out there...

My battery is on it's way out, it's cranking very slow and it's not keeping a charge. Whatever, I'll buy a new one. Well that's where the problem lies. What fricken battery should I get?!?

The AC Delco one from GM will NOT work, it looks like this.

Notice those two rectangular objects that are protruding out of the top of the batter, right under the handle. Those can not be there. The AC Delco in my car is completely flat on the top and that is necessary for the cables to make a good connection to the battery terminals.

I went to my Chevrolet dealer and they wanted $20-$40 (guy told me both) just to test it, so I left. Went to AutoZone and they said it needs to be charged. Well no kidding. They do not have the correct battery for my car in stock. Go to Advanced Auto and they do not have a battery for my car either and told me to go some where else to try to find an AC Delco. Well I go to another parts store that has AC Delco crap every where, including a truck dropping off new batteries. Well They brought out 3 batteries that they though might work, but none of them would. One was like the above picture, another had +/- swapped placed, and the other one had the terminals on the side. Well they didn't know what to do, so they told me I should probably just go back to the Chevy dealer and talk to them. I ended up speaking to the owners son and he was very nice, but couldn't help me either. He went out to look at my battery (8535 AC Delco) and said they don't carry anything like that one anymore. It's "discontinued." WHAT?!?? Really?!?! So now what?

I'm not paying for an Optima so count that one out. Something under $100 and I fully intend on doing the labor myself. Please help me out. I'm going to keep looking online, but wanted to find out what anyone else with my car has done to get a new battery for it. Thanks!

The few I've found:
O'Reilly Super-Star - Supposedly it's not available anywhere near me though.
Interstate Mega-Tron

Old 09-24-2010, 02:01 PM

Umm, how can it be discontinued? I would guess that Impalas ran the same battery. Do you have another gm dealer by you? I would try them.

Old 09-24-2010, 02:19 PM
Photobucket

Originally Posted by LuSe4
Umm, how can it be discontinued? I would guess that Impalas ran the same battery. Do you have another gm dealer by you? I would try them.
Beats me dude, this is what two places said. One being the dealer, the other being that auto parts store who had all the AC Delco stuff every where. Something about them randomly shorting out.

To add, I just found a 3 year Bosch 85 Series/Size battery at PepBoys that appears like it would work.

$94.99 + $12 core charge.

I think I'd rather have the Bosch than the "Super Start" from O'Reillys. I haven't been able to track down a picture of the Interstate one though, but I did call about it and they want $100 + $29 more to install (which I'd opt out of). I'll go over there tonight after work.

Old 09-24-2010, 02:42 PM

If you have napa by you they have them

Old 09-24-2010, 02:50 PM
Photobucket

Originally Posted by Gossimer
If you have napa by you they have them
Thank you, you're right.

Napa Sure Start - $104.99

Well that gives me four options. Now to choose the right one.

Quick Reply: 2006 MC SS Battery