Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

2006 clicking noise

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 10:23 PM
Default 2006 clicking noise

alright .. whenever i turn off my car a clicking noise.. pretty easy to hear starts clicking on the passengers side.. in the area behind the glovebox.. i think it has something to do with the setting of my air conditioner.. because if i turn the car back on while its clicking.. and hit the normal ac button (not defrost) then it will stop.. but on defrost.. it will click

Old 07-17-2009, 08:25 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I forget the reasoning, but it's completely normal and I wouldn't worry about it.

Someone may chime in with the exact purpose though.

Old 07-19-2009, 11:46 PM

Mine did this for the first time last Thursday after coming out of the movie. Soon as I turned the key it started clicking around the glovebox and I got out and tried to figure out what the hell it was. Never figured out as it stopped after a few seconds.

Old 07-20-2009, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by DCfla
alright .. whenever i turn off my car a clicking noise.. pretty easy to hear starts clicking on the passengers side.. in the area behind the glovebox.. i think it has something to do with the setting of my air conditioner.. because if i turn the car back on while its clicking.. and hit the normal ac button (not defrost) then it will stop.. but on defrost.. it will click

its your ac. Mine did the same thing. It was undr warranty so they fixed it free but it took them like 4 hours because it is really hard to get to. It has something to do with the dual climate control.

Old 07-25-2009, 09:19 AM

with mine it was the rack and pinion and the power stering pump that was doing it. power stering itermedeatly stoped working and put a strean on the rack and pinion and took out the rack and pinion when the power stering pump was replaced thank. god at the time i had a warrentythe rack and pinion is lick pushing 1600 dallers alone no install

Old 08-27-2010, 01:00 PM

Mine is doing this also. Its the louver that switches from recirculate to outside air. Possibly a stripped gear or its hung up.

Old 08-27-2010, 01:37 PM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good info. Mine did this yesterday for the first time. Now I don't have to worry about working on it all weekend.

Last edited by MillerMonteSS; 08-27-2010 at 01:37 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-27-2010, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by DCfla
AC issue. We've had it fixed on the passenger side, now the driver side does it. Its something about the control system and a 'tiny piece that breaks off and prevents the actuator from moving', as per the service dept...

Old 08-27-2010, 07:51 PM

this has been encountered before. its an ac piece. if its out of warranty its expensive to have the dealer do it. this guy on ls1tech did a how to video on how to replace it. ill find it and post the link. took me a bit to find it. heres a link to the thread. the videos in the first page. good luck with it. doesnt look very hard to do.
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/ls4-fr...c-fix-vid.html

Last edited by TheMonteMan; 08-27-2010 at 08:24 PM.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:13 AM

Thanks for the video link. I think there are actually two actuators on the passenger side. One is a blend door actuator like the one in the vid and the other is a recirculation vent actuator. I think they are all the same part #. Mine actually clicks when I hit the recirculate button and shut the car off. Thanks for all the info. I ordered an actuator from gmpartsdirect.com

Quick Reply: 2006 clicking noise