Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

2004 Monte Carlo SS S/C Mod Questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 02:10 PM
1 Year Member
Default 2004 Monte Carlo SS S/C Mod Questions

I want cheap and affordable mods that will make my car alot quicker but nothing crazy like remove the seats and stuff like that cause that i can't do. I want to reprogram it to performance but will i feel a difference? Did the air filter already to k&n. Also what exhaust will sound the best. preff video with a link for that. i know there are probably other threads with this but i wanted to start a fresh one up
THANK YOU SO MUCH

Old 08-09-2012, 02:25 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

All of that has been commonly discussed throughout the website.

There are plenty of mods that can be done to the L67. Anything from headers, to cam can really be done.

Check out zzperformance.com for starters and most of the stuff you see there can be found used on ClubGP for better prices.

The key to figuring out what you want to do will be searching through all these threads on both sites and seeing what other people have done. There are various recent topics about exhaust, superchargers and everything that you need to look at if you're serious about modding your monte.

As far as exhaust, as you read around you'll learn that the l36 and l67 really don't sound all that good with exhaust but if you mod you'll probably want to go with larger piping so that's something to seriously look into.

Good luck and don't be afraid to post questions on specific things that haven't been answered yet

You can also Google something just add in monte carlo or grand prix at the end of whatever your searching, very easy way to find information for your car. Grand prixs have the same chassis and the same engine for the most part.

I would post more specific information but I'm on my phone lol

Good luck!

Last edited by red04montels; 08-09-2012 at 02:28 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:31 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Get headers, or an aftermarket PCM. I think you can get decent headers now for 400 bucks or so, and a PCM for 200 or less.

Old 08-09-2012, 03:02 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by trewyn15
All of that has been commonly discussed throughout the website.

There are plenty of mods that can be done to the L67. Anything from headers, to cam can really be done.

Check out zzperformance.com for starters and most of the stuff you see there can be found used on ClubGP for better prices.

The key to figuring out what you want to do will be searching through all these threads on both sites and seeing what other people have done. There are various recent topics about exhaust, superchargers and everything that you need to look at if you're serious about modding your monte.

As far as exhaust, as you read around you'll learn that the l36 and l67 really don't sound all that good with exhaust but if you mod you'll probably want to go with larger piping so that's something to seriously look into.

Good luck and don't be afraid to post questions on specific things that haven't been answered yet

You can also Google something just add in monte carlo or grand prix at the end of whatever your searching, very easy way to find information for your car. Grand prixs have the same chassis and the same engine for the most part.

I would post more specific information but I'm on my phone lol

Good luck!

I called my local speed shop (tillman speed) and they told me that i could get a jet reprogrammer for 260 and that would add about 200 horsepower....is this right? Should i go for it?

Old 08-09-2012, 03:08 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year

LOL that's funny. ask your speed shop that you want to see the dyno sheet

Old 08-09-2012, 03:08 PM
10 Year Member

That's completely false and I would never go through that shop again lol

For our cars you have to get the PCM (powertrain control module) tuned, this will get you 5-10 hp Max depending on mods.

If I were you I would get my mods that I want and then get a tune to compensate for those mods, that way you don't gave to get two tunes.

The best tune you can get is probably going to be from overkill Motorsports.

Old 08-09-2012, 03:45 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year

Originally Posted by trewyn15

For our cars
for our cars??? are your serious mitch? for our cars? how can you compare your puny 3.4 monte to his 3.8 supercharged? , hello mcfly? lmao!! just messing with ya mitch.

Old 08-09-2012, 04:36 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by boost junkies
for our cars??? are your serious mitch? for our cars? how can you compare your puny 3.4 monte to his 3.8 supercharged? , hello mcfly? lmao!! just messing with ya mitch.

Old 08-09-2012, 05:51 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Old 08-10-2012, 06:06 AM
1 Year Member

THANK YOU EVERYONE . I deff need to do some upgrades now because last night i raced a little honda civic and got wrecked -_-. Thats just embarrassing to me. Deff got to do somthing to reach that 300 mark asap!

Quick Reply: 2004 Monte Carlo SS S/C Mod Questions