Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

2003 SS Wont Start! Cranks over but wont fire up. Help please!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2019, 12:02 AM

what is everything you replaced? Did you check if you have fuel pressure, did you check if you have spark?

I had an issue with my O2 sensor for a Jeep YJ being bad. Cost $400 for a smog diagnosis and fix, the part was $35. Lesson learned was if you think it's a part and it doesn't work return it and get another one, as some parts are bad from the start.

Old 09-21-2019, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by xpage
what is everything you replaced? Did you check if you have fuel pressure, did you check if you have spark?

I had an issue with my O2 sensor for a Jeep YJ being bad. Cost $400 for a smog diagnosis and fix, the part was $35. Lesson learned was if you think it's a part and it doesn't work return it and get another one, as some parts are bad from the start.
I've replaced cam and crank sensor twice coil packs and moduale and ecm

Old 09-21-2019, 06:13 PM

What's your fuel pressure? Do you have spark?

Old 09-28-2019, 10:56 AM
Default So what fixed it?

What was the fix?

Old 01-31-2020, 04:17 PM

I know this is an old thread but I had this issue and I unplugged the mass air flow sensor and it started. So try that. It is easy and cheap to replace if it starts. The reason mine went bad is I installed a K&N air filter and mine has a supercharger and the increased air flow apparently sucked some of the oil out of the filter and got it dirty. Sorry for the delay on this answer.

Old 01-31-2020, 04:19 PM

I know this is an old thread but maybe it will help others. I had this issue and I unplugged the mass air flow sensor and it started. So try that. It is easy and cheap to replace if it starts. The reason mine went bad is I installed a K&N air filter and mine has a supercharger and the increased air flow apparently sucked some of the oil out of the filter and got it dirty. Sorry for the delay on this answer.

Old 11-17-2020, 06:18 PM
Default Thank You for the Update

Originally Posted by Christopher Battiste
I know this is an old thread but maybe it will help others. I had this issue and I unplugged the mass air flow sensor and it started. So try that. It is easy and cheap to replace if it starts. The reason mine went bad is I installed a K&N air filter and mine has a supercharger and the increased air flow apparently sucked some of the oil out of the filter and got it dirty. Sorry for the delay on this answer.
Thank You for the Update, sadly many people never let anyone know what their final fix was.
As far as your MAF SENSOR GOES.... K&N Filters are Famous for being over oiled after cleaning and even perfectly oiled after cleaning, thus allowing Oil to get into and onto sensors and such within the Air Intake Ducting, throttle bodies, etc. In most cases you can use Mass Air Flow cleaner or Throttle body cleaner, even NON chlorinated Brake Clean in some cases.. Regardless.. using Mass Air Flow Cleaner to spray off and clean the little wire that you can see in the sensor. On the older Tune Port Injected 5.7 Engines in the Camaros and such ,they have a long wire of about 3 inches that I believe is coated with Platinum, on start up this wire is powered and heats up to 900 + degrees fahrenheit.. for a split second thus burning off any oil or contaminates. On other sensors it is the same theory except to clean them off , you need to spray them with the proper cleaner. Air speed ,air density air temp, or whatever...
Getting down cleaning and oiling your K&N filter takes a little effort but to have a can of Mass Air Flow Sensor safe cleaner on hand , can save some money and head scratching in the future.
I figured I would just post this in addition to your fix..
Thanks again. Would be Cool to hear how She does on the Road
Drive Safe

Old 02-27-2021, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by BlackFall
Thank You for the Update, sadly many people never let anyone know what their final fix was.
As far as your MAF SENSOR GOES.... K&N Filters are Famous for being over oiled after cleaning and even perfectly oiled after cleaning, thus allowing Oil to get into and onto sensors and such within the Air Intake Ducting, throttle bodies, etc. In most cases you can use Mass Air Flow cleaner or Throttle body cleaner, even NON chlorinated Brake Clean in some cases.. Regardless.. using Mass Air Flow Cleaner to spray off and clean the little wire that you can see in the sensor. On the older Tune Port Injected 5.7 Engines in the Camaros and such ,they have a long wire of about 3 inches that I believe is coated with Platinum, on start up this wire is powered and heats up to 900 + degrees fahrenheit.. for a split second thus burning off any oil or contaminates. On other sensors it is the same theory except to clean them off , you need to spray them with the proper cleaner. Air speed ,air density air temp, or whatever...
Getting down cleaning and oiling your K&N filter takes a little effort but to have a can of Mass Air Flow Sensor safe cleaner on hand , can save some money and head scratching in the future.
I figured I would just post this in addition to your fix..
Thanks again. Would be Cool to hear how She does on the Road
Drive Safe
This should be pinned. K&N is a waste of money on most any street car. Boy racer stuff.