Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

6th Gen ('00-'05): 2003 SS - Customization Menu - Non Stock Radio

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2017, 11:21 AM
Exclamation 2003 SS - Customization Menu - Non Stock Radio

Hello good people of the Monte Carlo Forum!

I have a question about resetting the "Vehicle Personalization" settings in my 2003 SS.
When I bought the vehicle (used), it had a touch-screen stereo installed and didn't come with the original radio.
I'm getting some warning lights in my dash panel that I can't seem to figure out how to get rid of.

1 - Low Tire Pressure - (Checked, and they're all fine)
2- High Beam out - (High Beams work just fine, too)
3 - Change Engine Oil - (Just had it changed, but the message still comes up)

Here's my question:
Is there a way to reset the computer to NOT display these messages without having to go through the stock radio? The manual states that these actions have to be done through the radio, but I don't have the original.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Old 12-02-2017, 03:05 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

I did some research on it, the following was the result. You might need to get a tech 2 tool that might work, or visit a Salvage yard and get a stock radio that will help you with the fix. Hope this all helps.

Check this link for additional research and video's

https://www.google.com/search?source....0.fgAMNxlWFU8

Last edited by drivernumber3; 12-02-2017 at 07:37 PM.
Old 12-02-2017, 03:29 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Additionally the owners manual gives you the work around for the low tire and engine oil re-setting, but you are with out one so here is what you have to do. I have an aftermarket stereo in my Monte, and I do these procedures when needed.

On the engine oil you have to with the key turn the ignition switch to on position (not starting the engine) fully depress the gas pedal 3 times within 5 seconds. Then turn the ignition switch back to the off position. You might have to do this 2 or 3 times till you get the hang of it, after that it will be a piece of cake to you.

Low tire re-set: Turn the ignition switch with the key to the on position. Next you grab a hold of your headlight switch ****, pull it out only far enough as if you are turning on the parking lights, the first click you feel. Do this 3 times in a row in less than 5 seconds, pull it out push it in, pull it out push it in, pull it out push it in. Now turn the ignition switch to the off position. Again you might have to do this till you get the hang of it.

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 12-02-2017 at 03:51 PM.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:43 PM
Default I have a 2005 chevy monte carlo with a aftermarket radio I need help keyless entry.

I hope the advice help you source your problem, I have a 2005 chevy monte carlo with a aftermarket radio put in before I bought it, but the keyless entry not working. I tryed several ways to program the factory keyless entry and went to the dealership with no luck. Can somebody help me.

Old 01-16-2018, 06:45 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by lanier128
I hope the advice help you source your problem, I have a 2005 chevy monte carlo with a aftermarket radio put in before I bought it, but the keyless entry not working. I tryed several ways to program the factory keyless entry and went to the dealership with no luck. Can somebody help me.

Take a moment and make a new thread post for you subject of concern, this one will most likely get very little help as it is hidden, in the old issue.
Choose forum tools and then start a new thread.
This will be for the best results.

Also check these links.
https://www.google.com/search?source....0.FMsA6xsjPD0

Last edited by drivernumber3; 01-16-2018 at 06:53 AM.