Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

2003 Monte Carlo

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 07:44 PM
Default 2003 Monte Carlo

Hi,
Anyone else experience this? On my 2003 Monte, I have a message "Highbeam Out" and my signals both flash fast and at the same time. Both problems started together. Highbeams are not out. Changed both anyway along with flasher, multipurpose lever/ all other bulbs and fuses....

Note: All signals work fine in flasher mode...

Old 04-07-2017, 02:13 AM

Sounds like you need to look over your Cars grounds. More to the Point the Ground around your Headlights/Lights

It could be that your system is working but is taking a ground from another place in your system. Could be even taking ground at the Hazard switch.

Also check the Fuses for your Blinkers. however I am sure seeing they are working just not right it isn't a fuse issue. The cars have 1 for Blinkers and 1 for hazards even though it is going to the same Logic area on the car. Also double make sure that when you have the blinkers on that both front and back on working

The High beam out message sounds like someone may have tried to do a DRL Bypass without doing it the right way.

So I would take out the DRL relay and see if there is an issue with one of the broke pins off the relay. However again this could be related to the Lights not having the right ground. Even though you said they work it could be they are not working 100%.

Has there been any type of impact on the car anytime this started happening? It could be that a wire has been broken.

About the Blinkers both flashing fast at the same time. Again sounds like what i stated before. You have a bad ground and the system is getting ground from a different point in your car.

James