Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

2002 Monte Carlo Need help someone stole amp and speakers

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 05:51 PM
Unhappy 2002 Monte Carlo Need help someone stole amp and speakers

Hi All, I'm writing today for help. Yesterday I picked my car (2002 LS with alot of SS options) up from a shop and as I drove home I tried to turn the stereo on. Wouldn't come on. I also noticed that the service vehicle soon indicator came on. I got home opened the trunk only to find that someone (sshole) stole the speakers and amp out of the rear. They cut the wires so even the plugs are gone. I called the shop and they said they knew nothing about it and I should file a police report. I've only got liability insurance on it so what's the point.

My questions are: Now the keyless fob doesn't do anything, the dome light won't come on, the service vehicle soon indicator is on and the radio doesn't even come on. Could all of these be from the amp in trunk being gone?

I did locate another 2002 Monte Carlo a guy is parting out and I went and bought his rear speakers and amp for $100. He did give me the wiring harness to hook up to the amp but as I'm splicing all of these wires together I've found out there are about 5 wires coming from car that don't match anything with the new harness to go to amp. I did notice the car the harness came from did not have the stereo controls on the steering wheel like mine does. Maybe that would be the difference? I hooked up all that I could and I still have nothing from stereo (no power or anything) with all the same issues.

Any suggestions???? Need help badly with this one as I've got to get it fixed so I can sell it or I'll lose my house.

Car only has 64,000 miles on the 3.4 and is a great car.

Old 07-22-2009, 05:57 PM

Take a Picture and I can see if i can help. I have a 2003, but i have no camera so I'll try as best i can to help

Old 07-22-2009, 05:57 PM

if all you went from was from the dealer to the house, file it being stolen from the dealer of your private property. this might **** off the dealer, but it should be covered under their insurance.

ill try to look into the wires... but i think the steering wheel goes to the radio.... not way back to the amp.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:08 PM

also did they cut your trunk light wires and if so make sure thats not grounding could cause issues.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:24 PM

Thanks for the quick response, I have taken a picture and I've got 5 wires coming from car not hooking up to harness to amp. 2 black wires, 1 yelllow, 1 orange, and 1 green. The others were all color matched. Yes, they did cut the trunk light wire also, I have spliced it in to the new wiring also.

Not sure if the pic is uploading or not.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
2002 wires for amp.jpg (51.2 KB, 23 views)
Old 07-22-2009, 06:28 PM

Thanks for the quick response. Yeah the shop is the one who left the doors unlocked so the person was able to hit trunk release and get in there. I'm so shocked that someone went through all that effort for a stock amp & speakers. Sure messed up the car. Could that affect the keyless entry not working or do I need to look to see if they took something else off the car?

Thanks again

Old 07-22-2009, 06:31 PM

Here's a picture of her. She's a pretty car, and it's a shame others have no respect.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
2002 Monte Carlo LS.jpg (78.2 KB, 16 views)
Old 07-22-2009, 07:34 PM

http://www.justanswer.com/questions/...am-chevy-monte

faster then typing the pins out hope it helps

Old 07-22-2009, 07:50 PM

Hi, thanks for the information I'll take a look at it and see if I can figure out where they go.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:38 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That sucks man - I guess you aren't going to use that shop again. If I were you I'd file a police report too.

Quick Reply: 2002 Monte Carlo Need help someone stole amp and speakers