Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

2001 SS PLEASE HELP!

Old 09-25-2007, 04:41 PM
Default 2001 SS PLEASE HELP!

Hello everyone...
So i bought my monte in January of 07, In Feb i find out my license is suspended.....
So i finally get it back yesterday and wanted to take a victory lap in my monte....I went out got in and put the key in and when i tried to turn it over i heard a clicking and on my factory radio it said " ERROR".....
I got out the jumper cables and hooked them up to my buddies GTP...Let it charge for a minute and then it started.....
I drove around all last night with no problem...I put almost 60 miles on the car last night...Made a few stops and when i got in to start the car again...It started right up....
This morning I go out to leave and it does the same thing....Im not sure its lack of battery juice because it turns over real real slow and finally starts up....
When i tried to start it i had lights and radio and everything...
Once i got it started it said error on the radio and then said check cd and spit it out...
Guys and girls, Im really frusterated and lost....
Please any ideas....
Please....

Old 09-25-2007, 04:53 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default RE: 2001 SS PLEASE HELP!

Did you remove your cables and clean them?

Old 09-25-2007, 05:02 PM

yeah theyer clean and tight

Old 09-25-2007, 05:07 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

A single dead cell would cause a problem like this. Did you have Walmart or someone else test the battery for free?

Old 09-25-2007, 06:42 PM

Does it say Error or Locked now?

Theradio could simply be locked This happens when a bettery goes completely dead, disconnected, or changed. When I get home tonight I will post the info you need to clear this if it is the problem I am thinking of.

Old 09-25-2007, 06:54 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I agree with Dave.
This sounds like the problem I had in my previous car when a cell went dead in the battery. Since the battery had a dead cell, the battery wouldn't hold a charge anymore.

Get the battery checked, and replace if necessary. Hopefully your radio doesn't get locked out. If it does, you may want to stop at a dealership and get them to unlock it for you. However, there is a way to do it yourself. I've seen it done on a grand am a long time ago. Not sure if it's the same process in the Montes.

Old 09-26-2007, 10:29 AM

The Radio did say error...Then it said check CD and it spit my cd out....

So I took it to the dealership yesterday and they said were real slammed please bring it back tomorrow at 10 am EST...

So this morning i get up and take it in and sit down and wait...They come back and said the runns great, It seems good and strong, There wernt any codes thrown....

"as for the starting problem, It could be any number of things, Ill need you to come back tomorrow and leave the car here all day so we can determine the actull problem"

So now I want to burn that dealership down because they wasted my time and gas... only for them to say again "bring it in tomorrow"

Ill take the battery in today to the parts house and have it checked...Thanks for everyones help so far...

Old 09-26-2007, 11:14 AM

I agree, and unfortunately even some companies cant test for the dead cell...

I would drop the money on a good guaranteed battery, and be done playing around with it...

-Keegan

Old 09-27-2007, 09:56 AM

been there, done that (twice), it was the battery both times.

Old 09-27-2007, 10:25 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I thought I had a battery issue but it turned out that when someone installed my 6 disc CD changer, it was always drawing power from somewhere and that was killing my battery. When I got it rewired, no battery prob any more.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2001 SS PLEASE HELP!