Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

6th Gen ('00-'05): 2000 SS cranks but won't start

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 08:35 PM
Default 2000 SS cranks but won't start

Hey there everyone I have been stumped for a couple weeks on this one my serpentine belt shredded and it wrapped around my harmonic balancer and crank pulley and shredded my crankshaft sensor so I replaced all of that with brand-new parts but after I was done it didn't start I checked the cam sensor and it was fine I checked the spark plugs they were bad so I replaced them along with the plug wires for good measure the coil packs were fine and sparking in order fuel pump is running fuel injectors are working properly I have no codes tripped whatsoever I found a light amount of coolant behind the throttle body but that shouldn't stop the car from starting I have checked all fuses and wires and they are working properly I get a slight backfire inside the air intake when I floor the pedal while I'm starting the car but it still won't start I'm about to take off the valve covers and manually crank the engine to see if it is the timing cuz I dunno what else it could possibly be