Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Opinion Needed: 2000 SS 3.8 (opinions and answers needed) MC Repair Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 11:30 AM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member
Default 2000 SS 3.8 (opinions and answers needed) MC Repair Help

Recently bought and had a/c motor and resistor put on but the air barely blows from vents, I think the resistor is bad already because it only works 1-4 and not on 5. Also my driver side seat heater doesn't work but the passenger does, what should be down ?

Last edited by Bgdee7; 12-15-2017 at 06:31 AM.
Old 12-12-2017, 01:36 PM

The heat your feeling by your feet is probably from the boot between the steering colum and the rack and pinion where you had to pull it apart . Guessing the boot got pulled off the firewall.

Old 12-12-2017, 04:17 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Jeffs02rwdSS
The heat your feeling by your feet is probably from the boot between the steering colum and the rack and pinion where you had to pull it apart . Guessing the boot got pulled off the firewall.
thanks for the very valuable feedback you are greatly appreciated my man, but my next question would be is the problem fixable, is the boot something u find at a store and would that solve my problems from feeling heat sweltering up into the car, I think with my a/c not working the heat from the engine mixed with any type weather, cold or hot makes my windows fog up inside the car, it's a pain in the butt to deal with.

Old 12-12-2017, 04:33 PM

The boot still should be there, imagine that the boot Is pulled off the firewall but still there. If you need one you will have to separate the rack again, probably can get new from dealer or used. As for fogging up windshield could possibly need a heater core,

Old 12-12-2017, 07:28 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Jeffs02rwdSS
The boot still should be there, imagine that the boot Is pulled off the firewall but still there. If you need one you will have to separate the rack again, probably can get new from dealer or used. As for fogging up windshield could possibly need a heater core,
as for the heater core is it associated along with the a/c and which one of the two should be my first repair to make first before replacing one or the other ?

Old 12-12-2017, 08:01 PM

Would do some checking before just putting in a heater core. Does it fog up as soon as you turn defrost on ? Is the floor wet on the passenger side ? Is the fog on the windows have a oil base and smear when you wipe it ? If it is the heater core it's a pain to change. As for the AC is there a leak in the system ? I would let someone check it out and give a estimate on repair and proceed from there.

Old 12-15-2017, 06:21 AM

Not trying to be rude, but adding some periods and paragraph breaks might get more people to read it.

I know, I know, this isn't English class. But that intro is pretty long and hard to follow (at least for me).

The seat heater issue should be easy to troubleshoot. Check the fuse first. Then check continuity and voltage down the line starting at the switch. Find out where it stops seeing power or ground. If you get all the way to the seat and it still has power and ground, the heater itself is bad. You should be able to confirm that by checking continuity through it after unplugging it.

The fan is harder since you've obviously got modded wiring, so we can't know what has been done. Is the stock wiring still there? I'd try to put it back to stock first. Running 1 fan is normal. Many cars won't run both unless ac is on or it is overheating. But it's hard to tell how it's wired if it's not stock, so it's hard to troubleshoot.

Last edited by bumpin96monte; 12-15-2017 at 06:45 AM.
Old 12-15-2017, 06:26 AM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

U make me think u can't read bro

Old 12-15-2017, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by Bgdee7
I can read just fine, thanks. Where I struggle is that it's 2+ full cell phone screens full of words that is mostly one huge sentence.

I guess my point is just that it limits the number of people who will actually read and respond. Since you're looking for help, I would think you'd want to receive as much help on your issues as you can. It wasn't intended to be mean or rude, I'm just trying to make a suggestion to help you get more feedback on your issues.

Last edited by bumpin96monte; 12-15-2017 at 07:16 AM.
Old 12-15-2017, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Bgdee7
Now, now lets not go there.. I saw the original post and its exactly why I skipped over it.. No way was I gonna strain my eyes trying to put that together..

Hes honestly just trying to help and you should take it as such.. Never once have I seen him being rude while others would have attempted to tear you a new one for posting that..

No big deal tho. Im sure everyone can now see the issue and im sure youll get the help you need.. Thats what this forum is for..