Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

6th Gen ('00-'05): Hate to be that guy, help with P0102? 01 SS

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 06:50 PM
Default Hate to be that guy, help with P0102? 01 SS

Hey folks,

hate to be that guy, I’m in Canada (Near Ottawa) to be exact. I have my old mans 01 SS (Last car he bought before passing, and been in the family since. So it’s been pretty well taken care of)
So I had it stored over the winter and just took it out in time for my ‘17 Jeep to Break (awesome) so it started throwing P0102 and stuttering sometimes when driving (mostly accelerating) or starting the engine. I checked the MAF and cleaned it, replaced the air filter because why not. And peeked inside the TB and it looks pretty clean and the pesky car does it (I drove 1.5hrs this morning and ran good, but once it got later in the day and after more driving it really started to get bad) which leads me to think vaccum leak (after reading things on here) but how do I find it?
Not super familiar with automotive jobs (I did all my own basic things and just started getting more and more comfortable into tackling my own bigger things the last year or so)

ive looked up some things here and was going to purchase a new MAF but Chevy wants $400 for it in town. Priority is fix my Jeep (daily, and work hauling vehicle) so any new parts for the car has to wait. But if anyone has any suggestions on cheap ideas to fix it right now or atleast a way for me to diagnose it and figure out what to fix before I start throwing money and parts at it I would be forever in your debt aha

again, hate to be that guy that beats a dead horse with this P0102 thing but could use the help (I can only search so much on my stupid phone before getting annoyed with the internet)

also, is there a FB group for Monte Owners of my generation car? That’d be good for me to help find parts and diagnose any issues with the car.

Old 05-25-2018, 07:05 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Here is a link in google to some with this code, It has video's it deals with the MAF that I saw one indicated a ground.
Yes there are several FB groups just search for Monte Carlo 6th gen. and you should get a few.
if not I can maybe do a link find for you.

https://www.google.com/search?ei=nKM....0.aEyhrFppTxo

Old 05-26-2018, 05:21 AM

400............!?

Old 05-26-2018, 06:26 AM

My brother just picked up a MAF for around$150 for one last week.ii know is wasn't a Delco or Delphi but that sounds way too much.