Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

05 MC SS Supercharged

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 08:30 PM
Default 05 MC SS Supercharged

I truly think my car is possessed. The SVS light has not come on in a LONG time. Just yesterday the Service Traction Control light message and both the trac and ABS lights came on. I am at my end with this car! I will pull both the tires off this weekend and check the connections.

As anyone else find it odd that the MC are poorly made?

Old 11-08-2011, 10:24 AM

I do not find it odd at all....these cars are crap....had many problems with my 2002 pace car which i carefully take care of and do not abuse.I had to change the BCM twice after the warranty ran out on them!....Wierd electrical issues! Wire harnesses to the wheels were all changed due to quality of GM parts and shorts making my service traction soon light come on along with the ABS light. Changed upper and lower intake gaskets due to faulty gasket materials GM used on these cars,,,should i keep going?? Never buy another one again! Maybe thats why they stopped making them! Your not the only one who has problems like these with their Monte's

Last edited by BIGAL131; 11-09-2011 at 10:04 AM.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:27 PM

Did you consider that you might have bought a lemon??!!! Even General Motors makes mistakes. Everybody told me to buy a Saturn cuz I wanted a dependable car - 55 repairs later I got rid of it and bought my Monte. I've had NO major problems with it, and from what I read on this Forum I'm not alone in being completely happy with the most beautiful car on the planet.

Old 11-08-2011, 01:30 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Supercharged SS Monte
I truly think my car is possessed. The SVS light has not come on in a LONG time. Just yesterday the Service Traction Control light message and both the trac and ABS lights came on. I am at my end with this car! I will pull both the tires off this weekend and check the connections.

As anyone else find it odd that the MC are poorly made?
First, I'm glad that your SVS hasn't come in a while

This message is common. The wheel hub assemblies are a poor design, but that doesn't mean the Monte Carlo is poorly made. You could easily just have a dirty sensor. Also the rears have this too, so you can't just pull 2 tires off to check.

You can get the ABS code read and find out exactly which is the offending tire if you want too.

Old 11-08-2011, 02:06 PM

I wouldn't take it out on the car. My parents swear by Ford, but the only one I've had (2003 Focus Stationwagon) was a total disaster. My Monte has needed a repair here and there but nothing like the previous beast. Not only that but I have no doubt that my engine will last past 200K miles if I keep my car that long, the L36 is rock solid, I would not have trusted that wagon for even 150K

Old 11-08-2011, 04:42 PM

ive had to change both front hubs,and my lights keep coming on but im stuck on the montes for life!!!

Old 11-08-2011, 05:10 PM

If you dont want your supercharged Monte I'll be happy to take her lol

Old 11-08-2011, 11:14 PM

I take real good care of my S-Charged and I really do not drive it hard. This morning the trac light and ABS lights did not come on all day. This evening, they came back on. I turned the car off and back on and the lights went away. I have the same issue with the SVS light also. It is really annoying. I have 95k miles and being an 05 I really think it is hard to believe I have issues.

In my option, Chevy dropped the ball when they made the Monte
Carlo. I have had the transmission rebuilt because Chevy put a crappy one in. Shifter had to be replaced, rear view mirror, climate controls also. I'll
Look for a used right BCM and replace it in hopes this fixes the issues.

Old 11-08-2011, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Monte04LS
If you dont want your supercharged Monte I'll be happy to take her lol
If you really want it, I will be more then happy to sale you the car. I owe 9k.

Old 11-08-2011, 11:18 PM

Oh and I have to smog the s-Charged... Lame
California laws... This should be fun. If they tell me my car does not pass, I will loose my mind.

Quick Reply: 05 MC SS Supercharged