Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Opinion Needed: 01 Monte SS

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2016, 02:23 PM
Tma
Default 01 Monte SS

Ok I've changed ICM, Coil packs, PCV valve, MAP sensor, 02 Sensor bank 1, fuel filter, cleaned EGR valve and replaced the gasket. When my car (01 SS with105,000 miles) gets hot it try's to stall out and disengages the tranny.
Crank Position sensor was replaced last year. I'm ready to throw a match in it and walk away (yes I'll cry I love my MC!!! It's fully covered LOL)
What do I do next???? HELP!

Old 09-25-2016, 03:01 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Hi there and welcome to the forum!
Have you replaced the thermostat?

Old 09-25-2016, 05:37 PM
Tma

Originally Posted by P343
Hi there and welcome to the forum!
Have you replaced the thermostat?
Yes did a complete coolant flush also.
Just cleared the codes and drove around again it hicupped and started not wanting to move and check engine light came on. Took it to Autozone AGAIN and it came up with EGR valve. Gonna put a new one in it and pray that's it. Really don't know what eles to do with it.
Any input to this?

Old 09-25-2016, 05:47 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Hopefully the EGR valve will take care of it.

Old 09-25-2016, 06:08 PM
Tma

If not what next??? And will the EGR cause the car to seem as it's disengaging the tranny when it's hot and moving??

Old 10-01-2016, 01:49 PM
Tma

Originally Posted by P343
Hopefully the EGR valve will take care of it.
The EGR did not solve the problem, my car runs a little better but still had issues, we've changed the CSP sensor today, but hubby broke the tension pulley bolt, we had to order a new tension pulley to get the bolt, so we won't know if that's been the problem all a long.

Old 10-01-2016, 06:52 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by Tma
The EGR did not solve the problem, my car runs a little better but still had issues, we've changed the CSP sensor today, but hubby broke the tension pulley bolt, we had to order a new tension pulley to get the bolt, so we won't know if that's been the problem all a long.
Something you might want to look at is the Fuel Filter. I am not sure where it is but someplace along the fuel line, I have seen them under the passenger side door/seat area looks like a small can with fittings on it. If you have never changed that it could cause a problem.

Something else that should be considered only cause you mentioned bogging is the (Catalectic converter) if they deteriorate the exhaust cant get thru and you got a problem.
Like when Eddy Murphy stuck a Banana in the tail pipe in Bev. Hills Cop. this has happened to me a few times.

Another thing to check if it overheats is the Intake Manifold Gasket.